Porcupine Tree: Track titles and song lengths listed

Haha, you have it half right, that was thefirst thing I heard by them so I was like WTF HARDCORE SESAME STREET?! and then later i found out they're actually boring hippie prog with supergay flute. But I found that out long before I started posting here, I just like that story about hardcore sesame street.

lol! why did you start there? I have 14 Jethro Tull cd's and I've never even fully heard 'j-tull dot com'.

"hippie prog with flute" is my favorite genre. :oops:

Is this REALLY the new coverart????
albumart.foabp.jpg

Looks like a badly manipulated movie screenshot.

I actually like the cover art. It's stark, simple. Different from their other covers, definitely. I'm curious as to what's in the kids eyes (what he's seeing). Unless it's just a blank planet...

I just found this lyric posted on ign.com (of all places) from the title track, supposedly: "Xbox is a god to me. Finger on the switch/ my mother is a bitch/ my father gave up ever trying to talk to me..."

Not sure what i think about it, but that's steven wilson lyricism for you.

My god...that wouldn't surprise me any. His lyrics have always been hit or miss for me. He probably thinks he's being topical and profound in his own little self-important world. Incredibly lame.

Jon, you should see the interview on ign, haha. It's classic steven wilson pretentiousness... I guess it's cool that he talks a lot in interviews, since its certainly better than one sentence answers, but hes the only artist i've seen that answers like whole paragraphs after questions like "so how are you?" haha

^i'm there...looking for it now. I love his music but man, sometimes his lyrics make me cringe.

I just found this lyric posted on ign.com (of all places) from the title track, supposedly: "Xbox is a god to me. Finger on the switch/ my mother is a bitch/ my father gave up ever trying to talk to me..."

Not sure what i think about it, but that's steven wilson lyricism for you.

my interest in the new album just went from "not overly interested" to... well... something below that

Its like he ripped a REALLY BAD page from the "Pain of Salvation Lyrical Cookbook".
It might not be tasty, but it will sure be something to look at.

Well my thoughts on the lyrics are... I don't really care. I've grown accustomed to The Great Cold Distance now.. and if you can listen to that with a straight face you can listen to any lyrics. The context of those lyrics might make them better, or worse, I dont know.. but I trust PT for great overall music, so I'm still really looking forward to the album.

Your're right ken, these lyrics are great. :erk:

Leaders come
Stand in line
Reveal your true self & conform
I sold my song
Crossed the borderline
I found something I'd never adjust to

Come here
I've Paid up for you
I have sold my weakness too
Come here
I split my heart in two
But you don't have it in you
Do you

Carbon soul
Transparent & played out
See you soon in non-fiction
I sold my song
My mouth was sewn
but it's coming undone & that's why I sold out

What's good about them? They're the kind of stuff you might scribble into a notebook in 7th grade. I like jonas' voice, but his lyrics are pretty terrible. I understand that english isnt his native language, so its harder to be functionally poetic, but those lyrics are just plain terrible if you ask me. This is in no way in defense of what steven wilson writes, because a lot of the time he's terrible as well. I'm just saying that those lyrics are just as bad. The reason i even brought it up is that i like katatonias music, but the lyrics i find terrible. Just like a lot of porcupine tree. If you happen to like that lyrical style, then so be it, but from my literary background... pretty bad stuff.