Porcupine Tree

what are your guy's thoughts on PT's latest single Shallow?
i like it, i think its quite good actually feels as though there keeping the same route as in Absentia. but its only 1 song so we'll see how the rest of the album turns out

flaminfetus said:
what are your guy's thoughts on PT's latest single Shallow?
i like it, i think its quite good actually feels as though there keeping the same route as in Absentia. but its only 1 song so we'll see how the rest of the album turns out

It's a radio edit so I'm hoping the album version is even better.

[size=+1]here's to hoping this man (in the front), and not SW will be working with opeth on their 9th record.[/size]

tom_eric_dan_mac.jpg

yep im all for making this thread the official PT one.. On a different note, I brought On the sunday of life.. I didn't realize until after I brought it though that it was a collection of all their demo type stuff, otherwise I don't think i woulda brought it, not as a 1st album by them anyway.. O well it was cheap haha, Im gona try and hunt down their latest one now

I bought In Absentia just a couple of weeks ago and i gotta say, as my introduction to PT, I was shocked at how...well...radio-typical much of it sounded. Only a few songs really stood out as that unique, at least to my ears. I think if i buy another of their's ill go for an earlier album, maybe The Sky Moves Sideways (i hear its good) and hope for something a little less bland.

I have a friend that loves PT, but hasn't heard any Opeth. What would be a good introduction to Opeth for a PT fan? I was thinking Drapery Falls, Deliverance, or In My Time of Need. Any suggestions?

Tybud said:
I have a friend that loves PT, but hasn't heard any Opeth. What would be a good introduction to Opeth for a PT fan? I was thinking Drapery Falls, Deliverance, or In My Time of Need. Any suggestions?

"Death Whispered a Lullaby" lyrics from Damnation were written by SW, but it's Opeth.... can you really make a BAD choice?

Ok, then.

Out.:devil:

For Opeth's music I think that Steven is a better producer than Dan, mainly due to the fact that he is one of the true genius' within the Progressive Rock genre and Dan is more melodic death. Also, Dan's singing and growls are like Mikael, just not as good, which would be rather boring. However, Steven can add to Mikael's clean vocals and make it more interesting.
Anyway, as for PT, my favourite albums would be Lightbulb Sun, Signify and In Absentia.

Although I love the production on Damanation, the natural sounding drums and mellotron ect ect, I feel Deliverance was a little over produced, it was a little lacking in atmosphere.

Voyage 34 is a good album to put on when you go to bed, darkness and that album to funny things to your head.

The Anathema forum is pretty shit, everytime you go there there people are bitching or making stupid topics.

I love Dark Matter to, first heard it the day i went to see Opeth live.