Porcupine Tree

BRI said:
For Opeth's music I think that Steven is a better producer than Dan, mainly due to the fact that he is one of the true genius' within the Progressive Rock genre and Dan is more melodic death. Also, Dan's singing and growls are like Mikael, just not as good, which would be rather boring. However, Steven can add to Mikael's clean vocals and make it more interesting.
Anyway, as for PT, my favourite albums would be Lightbulb Sun, Signify and In Absentia.

Dan has a great singing voice. He'd have no trouble at all doing duets with Mike. His growls aren't subpar either, just a different style to Mikael's. Have you heard Moontower?

Dan is actually quite geared towards progressive rock and death metal, which coincidentally are the genres Opeth are most associated with. I don't see how a unison between the two could go awry.

Agreed about Dan... he would be a great producer.

So I'll ask this again... does anyone have the new single that they found that they can post the mp3 of? Again, I'm DYING to listen to it.

Moonlapse said:
Dan has a great singing voice. He'd have no trouble at all doing duets with Mike. His growls aren't subpar either, just a different style to Mikael's. Have you heard Moontower?

Dan is actually quite geared towards progressive rock and death metal, which coincidentally are the genres Opeth are most associated with. I don't see how a unison between the two could go awry.

youre assuming that dan is good at either.

aside from the crimson albums, i dont know what would make him anymore qualified than anyone else to produce an opeth album.

I believe the Anathema forum is about to be closed...

Alternative 3 said:
The Anathema forum is pretty shit, everytime you go there there people are bitching or making stupid topics.

I love Dark Matter to, first heard it the day i went to see Opeth live.

I don't think BWP, Deliverance or Damnation would be any better if Swano produced them and Wilson didn't.

NineFeetUnderground said:
youre assuming that dan is good at either.

aside from the crimson albums, i dont know what would make him anymore qualified than anyone else to produce an opeth album.

Yeah, I'm assuming. Just like BRI stated outright that Steven is a better producer than Dan, as if its some universal truth. I should add that the role of the producer isn't to add harmony vocals or growls anyway, so his statements about Dan's vocals being subpar are totally irrelevant (and totally untrue IMHO).

The point is that we won't know how a record with another producer will sound like unless Opeth give it a shot. We can speculate all we want and say who we think would be best to take up the chair, there are plenty of people qualified for the gig but it seems Opeth have already made their choice.

FUBAR said:

Danny says it is two full of people talking about off topic stuff an insulting each other and by the sound of it the band doesnt want to be associated with that shit. Some person called steak knife seemed to be one of the main culprits. Alot of them seem be be heading off to the Antimatter board though. There is no mod there so it was sorta free reign.

I just bought the Porcupine Tree promotional single for Shallow, its pretty cool. If anyone is interested I can give you the sellers e-mail maybe they have more. Its always cool getting new Porcupine Tree CD's :)