Possibly one of the thnigs that makes opeth so good.

Staffan

Soelen gaaer bag aase ned
Jul 15, 2002
Stockholm, sweden
www.myspace.com
They have not one bad album, not one bad song... really solid discography! I do have more fav. bands like porcupine tree, led zeppelin, Katatonia, Nightingale, arcturus, death, nile, Ulver, borknagar. Even though I like these bands as much as opeth or even more at times, none of this bands have such solid discography, in all these bands I can think of a song that I don't like or even an album... blah blah My time to be "fanboy" :loco:

True, very solid cds all around with the exception of Damnation and Deliverance only because they seem almost moodless... :-/

My thing about Opeth, that makes them so good to my ears, is the way my stomach turns around each time I ear their powerfull songs. They rank along classic bands, by the way they put so much emotions in every one of their compositions.

And of course... they are badass

Yeah. Some of their songs are just a *bit* bland, but you know... what can you do? The only thing I think that flaws Opeth is that their first three albums aren't produced as well as their most recent four. =\

They're pretty consistent, yeah. I can't point to any song that I'd call bad or filler or whatever. But I guess that's true for a lot of bands like this that make songs with a lot of content and variation. And where a song isn't just a vehicle for the lyrics, or based around a single riff.

Akronaes said:
I wish I could be "cool" and "hip" and jump on the D&D bashing bandwagon.. but unfortunately I like those albums just as much as I like the prior ones.. :)
Although I don't bash either album, I think Deliverance and Damnation aren't as good as the previous 5 albums. There are moments of genius on both albums, this is true, but I don't rate D & D as highly as the first 5.