Post awesome 5 string basses

Shpongled

Aug 30, 2001
I'm looking to get a new 5-string. I recently got a 4 string Warwick Corvette Proline which I love to death, so I'm really leaning towards another Warwick. However, I'm also looking forward to checking out some other makes as well!

My #1 contender right now, the Warwick Corvette "Hot Rod" 2005 limited edition:
hotrodsm.gif

I'm also thinking about chekcing out a Fender Custom 5 string:
fearfactory01.jpg

What else kicks ass?

theres nothing you can do on a 5string you can't do on a 4 string, just pricier when buying new strings......

I'd personally buy a 6 string if you know you're going to use the high notes as well as the low notes. It's a lot better than buying two 5 strings so you can tune one tenor and one "normal", or buying two sets of strings and switching them. I know I regret getting a 5 string since I like using both the low notes that come with a low B (or something lower), and I like using the high notes that come with the high C.

If you're only going to use one extreme, however, then maybe a Carvin or an ESP F255?

NicholasDWolfwood said:
I'd personally buy a 6 string if you know you're going to use the high notes as well as the low notes. It's a lot better than buying two 5 strings so you can tune one tenor and one "normal", or buying two sets of strings and switching them. I know I regret getting a 5 string since I like using both the low notes that come with a low B (or something lower), and I like using the high notes that come with the high C.

If you're only going to use one extreme, however, then maybe a Carvin or an ESP F255?

Hmm, a 6-string. Interesting thought, I never considered that option. The question it brings up (would I use the extra high notes) is a good one also. At this point I'm not sure if I would use the higher notes, but my gut is telling me that it might be a really excellent idea. With the band I'm in now it's all about exploring as many aspects of the musical spectrum as possible.

I've never even played a 6 string bass, haha. Methinks it's time to try.

I've heard that six strings are the epitome for comfortable-ness (is that even a word?), more-so that fives or fours, because the string spacing is better. I know that I'd get used to having a six string neck...switching between playing on BEADG and EADGC makes me cry, since if I've been playing in EADGC for awhile and I switch, I always mess up.

Yes, that sounded like a retarded rant, but think about it and you'll see what I mean.

bass11io.jpg

bass44mj.jpg

It's ESP/LTD F-255,very good look and satisfying specifications,one of the finest basses around, you can get very different tones. It has a great tone range with 3 mid eq

Yea,I think LTD F-255 is very usefull model.I didn 't have any problems like that,sometimes there is these little buzzes like other fretted basses but it doesn't effect your sound that you hear from your amp and doesn't effect recordings either.BTW Tuners are very good,It stays tune after longtime playing and the tone and 3 band eq (that I mentioned before) are some cool specs.
Plus there is alot of bassists out there who uses this model like Steve DiGiorgio(custom ESP one with same magnetics EMG-HZ) Orion of Behemoth(exactly the same one LTD version),etc.

I like those ESPs, but I've never tried one. I'm also not into transparent finishes. I'd buy one if I had to, but I'm looking for satin oil finishes first.