Post Rock/Ambient/Drone

I don't remember who it was, but someone posted a label site that allowed downloading whole albums for free, and most of the bands there (from what I read) are post-rockish. http://lostchildrennetlabel.wordpress.com/
I've only really checked out one band called Loss Of A Child, and they're really good; they're post rock, but most of it is piano lead and the distorted guitars are used more for the rhythm. My explanation sucks, but they're a good bad, and I'd love the album if the production was better, but that's understandable.

our demo was released by them, so it might have been me. there are lots of goodies on the site. i personally recommend french teen idol and some of the compilations are terrific.

full list here:

http://www.archive.org/details/lost_children

Godspeed you black Emperor,Sigur Ros, Circle of Ouroborus,Nuit Noire,Swans,Christian Death ect.Love the Garth Marengi pic Lothlorien me and a mate have been waiting for more Dark Place to no avail it was screened here a couple of years ago, but due to it going over most peoples heads that was the end of it, we need more Garth Marengi!! Shut Up Liz!!

To not forget the golden 80's: Dead Can Dance & later Talk Talk.

Tangerine Dream also rules.

non-relevant question: any good reason for post-rock bands to give them selves a name consistent of few words without space (65daysofstatic), or really long track namesalbum names?

Alcest rocks so hard... amazing music..!

Well, I'm not sure about the one-word-name thing, but I think that one of the reasons why these bands have such longs names may have something to do with the fact that a lot of them are instrumental, and they need some way of conveying subject matter. Red Sparowes is a rather extreme example, where each track name is a full sentence and together all of the track names tell a sort of story.

That or else they're just pretentious. :heh:

And yeah, Alcest was the most surprising release for me last year. Absolutely awesome. I hope he puts more stuff out soon.

Well, I'm not sure about the one-word-name thing, but I think that one of the reasons why these bands have such longs names may have something to do with the fact that a lot of them are instrumental, and they need some way of conveying subject matter. Red Sparowes is a rather extreme example, where each track name is a full sentence and together all of the track names tell a sort of story.

Sigur Rós did the complete opposite on () though, and that was teh_awesome.

heh, yeah, it's really quite all over the place with a lot of these bands. Quite a lot of extremes. You get thirty words or no words. :p

thanks for all the bands guys, i did not expect this many responses. now where the hell do i begin?:zombie:

How is it compared to other known post rock bands? Is it calm like Sigur Ros/Explosions in the sky, or rocky like Red Sparrows and Maseratti?