'post-rock'

marginalé

why?
May 5, 2003
Belgium
recommend me some 'post-rock' bands in the style of Mogwai, Explosions In The Sky, Mono,..

last week i came on the site of 'The Vacant' wich is quite good www.thevacant.com
the have three whole concerts with good quality online, ok, if you listen a lot to bands who play like this, it might not sound convincing to you but i think it does..

marginalé said:
recommend me some 'post-rock' bands in the style of Mogwai, Explosions In The Sky, Mono,..

last week i came on the site of 'The Vacant' wich is quite good www.thevacant.com
the have three whole concerts with good quality online, ok, if you listen a lot to bands who play like this, it might not sound convincing to you but i think it does..

dled the first song I is listening but i aint liking..sounds like a standard issue 80s indie band jamming.

its all sounds the same after a while, same techniques used, like jamming, walls of sound, feedback etc, crescendos thats the word :tickled:

I'm not too much informed about post-rock, but you absolutely must try SIGUR ROS!

Reminds me of this qute I read the other day, supposedly by someone in Mogwai

"sigur rós..it's just three chords away from lord of the rings"

Allan said:
Reminds me of this qute I read the other day, supposedly by someone in Mogwai

"sigur rós..it's just three chords away from lord of the rings"
I went to see sigur ros once, it was great for about 10 minutes and ten minutes later i went off to the pub, bored witless. Full of college knobs in wolly hats trying to convince each other how "tortolly amawzing loik" they were

Palmer Eldritch said:
Try Oceansize and especially Amplifier. I saw Amplifier live a few weeks ago and they made Therapy? look like schoolboys. Amazing wall of sound for a three-piece and some great songs. According to their website they play "post-classic rock", though.
first ones sample is pretty crap, i dont see whats so post about sounding like stone temple pilots. Second one only has little bitty samples but they sound dull too

come on folks, none of this stuff sounds very "post" anything to me, post more betterer stuff!! :erk:

Bambi said:
I went to see sigur ros once, it was great for about 10 minutes and ten minutes later i went off to the pub, bored witless. Full of college knobs in wolly hats trying to convince each other how "tortolly amawzing loik" they were

i hear you i hear you, zis post just rulez! :headbang:

I like listening to Sigur Ros a lot, I never find it boring, though I thought I wouldn't find Tori Amos's gig boring either, and I had to admit I did.

Maqus said:
I like listening to Sigur Ros a lot, I never find it boring, though I thought I wouldn't find Tori Amos's gig boring either, and I had to admit I did.

linesman.jpg