Post-Rock

Amazed that no one here has mentioned Laura (post-rock), or North (post-metal)...

... and also an up and coming band from Norway called Braving The Glacier (post-rock)...

i will check these bands out. thanks hubster.

postrocksuckzue1.gif

so i just wanted to say sigur rós is coming to my town (Guadalajara, México) this next June and I'm fucking wetting my panties!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wooooooooohooooooooooo!!!!!

Just started listening to Yndi Halda on their myspace. Holy shit. Fucking Beautiful!!!
Can anyone tell me about their releases (how many albums, if any, and so on). thanks.

Just started listening to Yndi Halda on their myspace. Holy shit. Fucking Beautiful!!!
Can anyone tell me about their releases (how many albums, if any, and so on). thanks.

Yeh I like them but they kinda bore me sometimes.

I don't listen to as much prog rock as I should.I do listen to the 'popular' prog rock duo of Riverside and Porcupine Tree.I tell you what,the music produced by both is masterpiece quality.With the excessive amounts of metal I listen to,I like to call these my chillout bands,especially the case with Riverside!

I think you've mistaken Post Rock with Prog Rock.
On closer inspection I have.Definately haven't taken up Post Rock yet,but with myself like to think I am quite open minded in regards to music maybe I will come across the genre as a whole in the future and give it an extensive listen!

That's cool, man... it's a great genre.

I just watched last night Mono's DVD The Sky Remains The Same As Ever, since I've also seen Sigur Ros's DVD, and it seems the trend with post rock DVD's is to not have a conventional concert or whatever. Sigur Ros document there tour back home and the sights and so on , and Mono have thjis artistic music filled documentary (I don't really know how to explain it). On the whole, it's cool that they're trying new things, but sometimes you just feel like watching a live show at home, and not in the mood for more than that. But Mono's DVD is really great, way better than Sigur Ros's (of which I didn't watch the whole thing). Also, it was cool seeing the guys from Explosions In The Sky hanging out with them.

Finally, I just wanted to post this since, even though it isn't the whole song, I find it fucking awesome:

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=czmgu74dbec&feature=related[/ame]

That's cool, man... it's a great genre.

I just watched last night Mono's DVD The Sky Remains The Same As Ever, since I've also seen Sigur Ros's DVD, and it seems the trend with post rock DVD's is to not have a conventional concert or whatever. Sigur Ros document there tour back home and the sights and so on , and Mono have thjis artistic music filled documentary (I don't really know how to explain it). On the whole, it's cool that they're trying new things, but sometimes you just feel like watching a live show at home, and not in the mood for more than that. But Mono's DVD is really great, way better than Sigur Ros's (of which I didn't watch the whole thing). Also, it was cool seeing the guys from Explosions In The Sky hanging out with them.

Finally, I just wanted to post this since, even though it isn't the whole song, I find it fucking awesome:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=czmgu74dbec&feature=related

The mono dvd owns. I've been spinning you are there heaps recently, such a great album. If their next is better it will have to be one of the best post rock albums hands down as you are there is already one of my top favorites.