Post-Rock

Oct 23, 2006
Québec City, Québec, Canada
any post rock fans here?? Recently i've got addicted to the band Explosion in The Sky. The song Your hand in mine is so beautiful. I'll get this album as soon as I can.

Here'S the bands I like. Any other suggestion

Explosions In The Sky
Mogwai
Sigur Ros
Godspeed You! Black Emperor

post rock is the best stuff ive heard in a long long time. im working out right now so i will come back later with some suggestions.

be aware that there are like 20 more threads about post rock already, you may find cool bands if you check those threads.

get these albums:

Red Sparowes - At The Soundless Dawn
A Silver Mt. Zion - He Has Left Us Alone but Shafts of Light Sometimes Grace the Corner of Our Rooms…
Caspian - The Four Trees
The Six Parts Seven - Casually Smashed Into Pieces
This Will Destroy You - Young Mountain EP

i think the over-sized banner does that enough! and ftlog plug yours too! you are in the same boat.

btw smw ep is ready in 2 weeks, so get yo paypal's ready ppl :Spam:

lol ill spam it up Waz style when weve got some proper recordings. We were meant to hit the studio this weekend but it fell through :( , long story...

but anyway, some demos coming soon hopefully, Im really excited about some of our stuff!

but not as excited as I am for the SMW ep!

Red Sparowes - At the Soundless Dawn
Magyar Posse - We Will Carry You Over the Mountains
Aereogramme - Sleep and Release
Upcdowncleftcrightcabc - And The Battle Is Won
65DaysofStatic - The Fall of Math

Check out this thread which became a broader Post Rock discussion from the second page on.

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/non-opeth-music-chat/350472-godspeed-you-black-emperor-3.html

In short, I just discovered this genre last year and I'm in love with it. My favorites:
Explosions In The Sky
Mono
Sigur Ros
Red Sparrows

I'll say again what I've said before in that other thread: Godspeed really doens't do too much for me, and Mogwait are not bad, and can be great at times, but they're far from the bands I mentioned above IMO. And the Loss Of A Child album would be brilliant with better production, but now it's just really good.
For now, Those Who Tell The Truth Will Die, Those Who Tell The Truth Will Live Forever is my favorite post rock album - with no small credit going to Have You Passed Through This night.

For the record, it's a bitch typing up all these song titles and band names... which is probably why I didn't mention my Sigur Ros favorites.

While that album is amazing, does it really count as post rock? Not that it matters, but I'm just wondering.

the new 'this will destroy you' is made of all sorts of win

YES. The new S/T is probably my favorite of the year so far. Soooo beautiful! A must own for post-rock fans. Their EP is great too, but this is on another level I think.

also:
mono
sigur ros
red sparowes
godspeed you black emperor
mogwai
sleepmakeswaves
yndi halda
ativin
kwoon
EITS
god is an astronaut