Post-Rock

i know what youre saying.. the closest thing to that i can think of is Alcest...
שמעתי שיחד עם אופת' ודה האונטד יבואו גם דארק טראנקויליטי! אני לא מאמין..!
אם זה נכון, אני גומר כאן ועכשיו!

Back on topic, I've recently found this band on myspace, and I've really liked what I've heard:

http://www.myspace.com/tomydeepestego

I'm not really into this genre, most of it sounds pretty lifeless, boring.

If you're up to some quirky, not exactly strictly post-rock stuff, try Tuna Laguna's "Ripples and Swells". It's like a cross between Tortoise and the instrumental parts of Motorpsycho. On crack.

:lol:

Don't bother with their first album though, it's merely them finding their feet...but "Ripples and Swells" is aggressive, yet happy, kickass stuff!!

Oh, and I love Toirtoise.

Going to see Explosions in the Sky tonight in Philadelphia. Hoping that they have the same intensity and precision live that they do on record. Apparently some San Fran based guy known as Lichens is opening up. He seems interesting enough from his description on myspace. Plays continuously by himself with a bunch of instruments looping.

im going to see pelican tomorrow night. im very excited, by far my favorite post rock/instrumetal/etc band.:)

i love their first two full lengths (first ep is pretty good too) but despise city of echoes. i am wearing my pelican shirt today though *_*

yes city of echoes isnt my favorite, but i definetly dont despise it. it's still a great album to me.

the pelican show on friday was unreal. they played an hour and 40 minute set, which was superb. i picked up australasia on vinyl, they have a new edition out that is hand printed and limited to 1,000. good stuff.

Pelican is awesome but their drummer is terrible. I saw them on acid and i could still tell that his double bass was lagging almost more than on some of their recordings. Neurosis rocks. Red Sparowes is a band that is under appreciated.

Pelican is awesome but their drummer is terrible. I saw them on acid and i could still tell that his double bass was lagging almost more than on some of their recordings. Neurosis rocks. Red Sparowes is a band that is under appreciated.

congratulations on doing acid.

Amazed that no one here has mentioned Laura (post-rock), or North (post-metal)...

... and also an up and coming band from Norway called Braving The Glacier (post-rock)...