Post-Rock

While that album is amazing, does it really count as post rock? Not that it matters, but I'm just wondering.

I dont know why, it does connect to post rock for me... i does have a lot in common with post rock though, youll surely agree.

All good stuff - Sigur Ros, Yndi Halda, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Red Sparowes, Pelican, The Fridge, A Lily, Do Make Say Think, This Will Destroy You, Magyar Posse, CtrlAltDelete, By the End of Tonight, Shora, Explosions in the Sky, Flying Saucer Attack, Tortoise, Mogwai, Rovo (kinda jazz-rock, but whatever),

and an band you ALL need to check out if you like post-rock: Parabstruse http://www.myspace.com/parabstruse

any of you dudes heard of a project called 'have a nice life'? i've been really getting into their disc 'deathconsciousness' as of late. not post-rock per sae, but has a lot of its elements, as well as dark ambient, drone, even straying to britpop and the like. great stuff

any of you dudes heard of a project called 'have a nice life'? i've been really getting into their disc 'deathconsciousness' as of late. not post-rock per sae, but has a lot of its elements, as well as dark ambient, drone, even straying to britpop and the like. great stuff

listening now, got my thumbs up. Can download some high quality ones from the myspace for free it seems :Smokin:

magyar posse's "kings of time" is fantastic. while oceansize can be considered in a different genre (shoegaze), they deserve a mention and praise here. well they mix up a lot of different things.

but then again this genre has a lot of copycats...and it's getting tiresome. =/

Hmm yeah.. The genre is definitely getting very overloaded with bands trying to copy those that have gone before.. But still, one of my favourite genres around.

There are some really awesome band in this genre. I don't have anything to add though, all my favourites are already listed. Some days ago a friend of mine played me some God Is An Astronaut, I'm checking it out right now, pretty good stuff so far.

any post rock fans here?? Recently i've got addicted to the band Explosion in The Sky. The song Your hand in mine is so beautiful. I'll get this album as soon as I can.

Here'S the bands I like. Any other suggestion

Explosions In The Sky
Mogwai
Sigur Ros
Godspeed You! Black Emperor

hey i made a thread about a month back about post rock/ambient/ etc recommendations. you should check it out, i got alot of great feedback on bands.

I'm really digging on Maserati's Inventions for the New Season

I've heard that album a few times, and it's far from bad, I can't say anything jumped out at me at wanting to purchase the album, except for the first song which I thought was great and uplifting and unusually rock-ish for the genre (I even started writing a song that's a complete ripoff of that song:p)