• Nah! Its totally disaster.

Votes: 13 30.2%

• Total voters

Manbient

Queer Old Man
Jan 12, 2002
Calgary, AB, Canada
www.bumblelovesmusic.com
hyea hoo hoo folks... i said i would try to learn this solo, and i've kinda got it anyway so i recorded a vid of me playing it. Sooo if anyone is interested the video can be found at

http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bumblefootka

go to "My Guitar vids" and then "December FLower Solo"

ALSO IMPORTANT! you need the DivX codec, or it will not work. To get it, go to www.divx.com/divx and download the one on the left. If it asks if you want the player too, say NO. kthxbye. muahahaha

HOW did you get that good? How long have you been playing? What's the best tip you have (other than practice)?

Got any good things I can do to improve my skills?

MUAHAH Smitty knows me from the JP bard too, i posted it there also :p

and Moonlapse... i might be in oz in april, sydney and might make a trip down to Melbourne too. If i do, maybe i'll show ya some stuff hehe

And as for tips... hmm... you know i really can't say how i got to where i am. It's been 5 or 6 years now and i just played metallica and riffing stuff like that for the first 2 years, and then heard Yngwie and Becker and stuff like that and worked on trying their stuff.... which is STILL damn impossible for me hehe when i was REALLY on a technique fix i played around 4 hours a day amnd worked mostly on sweeping... once i got that i went to Alternate picking... most people do the opposite hehehe

Mikey... i challenge you! I bet you cant plaqy the solo starting at 2:41 in Nevermore's song Inside Four Walls!!! Muahahha! (just watch, hell have it posted in a month)

Originally posted by Bumblefoot
MUAHAH Smitty knows me from the JP bard too, i posted it there also :p

and Moonlapse... i might be in oz in april, sydney and might make a trip down to Melbourne too. If i do, maybe i'll show ya some stuff hehe

And as for tips... hmm... you know i really can't say how i got to where i am. It's been 5 or 6 years now and i just played metallica and riffing stuff like that for the first 2 years, and then heard Yngwie and Becker and stuff like that and worked on trying their stuff.... which is STILL damn impossible for me hehe when i was REALLY on a technique fix i played around 4 hours a day amnd worked mostly on sweeping... once i got that i went to Alternate picking... most people do the opposite hehehe

Dude, does that mean you're gonna catch the Opeth show in Melbourne? If that's the case we could hook up, I'm pretty sure I'd recognize you. We can throw shit at Mikael and ask if he recognizes us from UM :p.

Yeah it´s a cool solo ... can you play any Jason Becker songs? I used to pull of decent Serrana sweeps ... but now the damn riffing takes all the fucking time ...:cry:

Heh. It took me literally 2 hours to download that 1.4 meg clip (at 140 bytes per second, whoo!) but that looks awesome.

Are you self taught or do/did you take lessons?

Originally posted by Moonlapse
Actually, a question, what program do you use to record? Because I can only either record sound, or record video /w no sound.

well i've got a Logitech Quickcam which comes with some software, not sure of the name, but i use that to record. That's odd you can't record video and sound though....

and to answer Kirill's question... yeah i can pull off some becker stuff. He was the first guy i ever studied technique-wise (besides James Hetfield) here, i'll put up an old video of me playing Altitudes

http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/bumblefootka/lst?.dir=/My+Guitar+Vids&.view=l

it's called Altitudes.exe

it is only .exe because it is with old logitech software which had to use the logitech video email software. Anyone who's been here for a long time can vouch for it being safe. That was done... hmm a year and a half ago? i can play it better now hehe

oh and don't mind my stupidness in the video, for i am a stupid man.