Post your band info/music recordings here

What do you think?

• Good, I like it.

Votes: 30 69.8%
  • Nah! Its totally disaster.

Votes: 13 30.2%

• Total voters
man....i used to be all "gung-ho" about In Flames back in the day, but then they released their new cd.....it's that damn Anders and his obsession with nu-metal....they were so LAME when i saw them live back in August

Bah you suck... I'm 10 times better.......................................................................................................................

Of course I'm kidding... you're a fucking God!!!!!!! ;)

Originally posted by Jeremy
By the way... do you think you could nail Opeth's A Fair Judgement solo???????????????? That's my favourite one... or White Cluster's solo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course he can, Opeth solos are fucking easy, especially compared to the December Flower one.

I've seen Mikael do the White Cluster solo... admittedly there are a few quite fast parts in that, but I'm sure Mikey (not Mikael, Bumble) would be able to handle it... I mean look at the neck position changes on the December Flower solo man! That's like inhuman :lol:

As far as A Fair Judgement goes, it just sounds like a very pleasant solo almost played at kinda Waltz speed y'know, it doesn't sound too hard, to me anyway.

hehe... i think i can handle the White Cluster, AFJ, and Funeral Portrait solos... i think i might try one of them now, we'll see :p and thanx for the confidence vote, Moonlapse hehe... and yeah if i go to the Opeth show(s) in oz i'd definitely like to hook up with some of you guys!

No I haven't learned the solo to be honest, so maybe you're playing it the most efficient way already. It just seems to me that in some parts you could get away with changing strings and keeping the same position. You've got it down fine how you play it so it doesn't really matter, plus it looks a lot more flash with all the position changes :)

Originally posted by phon1c
No I haven't learned the solo to be honest, so maybe you're playing it the most efficient way already. It just seems to me that in some parts you could get away with changing strings and keeping the same position. You've got it down fine how you play it so it doesn't really matter, plus it looks a lot more flash with all the position changes :)

ahhh i'm just interested because efficiency is important to me :p there are cases i coulda brought it down a string instead of sliding, i guess you're right, but then my pick hand has to work harder by switching strings hehe and my left hand never gets tired, it's always my right, and the pick sometimes has to go from the outside of one string to the outside of the next too if you do that, and makes it harder too, and also some of the slides get harder if you don't come from lower in the first place... like you have to then move your hand down the neck really fast (since no notes are played down there and you must get it down there in between 2 notes) and then slide up to it. I guess it depends on your playing style too, but for me this is the easiest way to play it :p

Funeral Portrait eh? hmm... hehe