Post your band info/music recordings here

What do you think?

• Good, I like it.

Votes: 30 69.8%
  • Nah! Its totally disaster.

Votes: 13 30.2%

• Total voters
Hello,

This could be considered like SPAM but this is related to Opeth.:)

I am in a tribute band to Opeth, in Quebec city, Canada. It is just for fun with friends, but we practice every week since a bit more then a year now.

We have put together a mix of recordings done during our practices, with very low budget recording equipment. I would really appreciate it if some of you went and listen to us on our myspace page and leave some comments here. Please keep in mind that we know we don't play as well as Opeth or anything, we are just having fun.

Right now, there is only a 9 minute "teaser" available, but go back in a few days/weeks, we'll put up more, including Windowpane and Silhouette full versions. Thanks for you time!

http://www.myspace.com/lamentationstribute

Vous jouez très bien..le son est bon si on regarde la qualité des moyens d'enregistrement..

Hehe thanks for your comments so far!

About the drums, there actually is double bass drum, well most of the time, but we can't hear it very well. And about the vocals, it honestly really is just the sound because it sounds a lot better in person trust me.

Our setlist so far is :
Silhouette
Forest Of October
Nectar
When
The Leper Affinity
The Drapery Falls
Deliverance
Master's Apprentices
Windowpane

(...) tribute band to Opeth (...) just for fun (...) put together a mix of recordings (...) I would really appreciate it if some of you went and listen to us on our myspace page and leave some comments here.

Went there, listened to it ... where do I buy the T-Shirt? Here's my comment:

Great! Pretty good, really. And sound quality / recording is of course not professional but then again not that bad. There are some issues like the double bass thingy but it is still pretty listenable.

I like that teaser ... that thought already crossed my mind: what would it sound like if someone ripped pieces of different Opeth songs and put them together to make a new song? ... Works pretty well on that teaser. Maybe you could do that again with more afterthought than just putting out a teaser.

Let me know when you put more stuff online. At the moment I'm curious to hear more people doing Opeth covers/interpretations. (Listened to waz on youtube, pretty neat as well. And maybe you've seen that PianOpeth thread ...) But you gotta be quick. I tend to lose interest pretty fast ;)

Hehe thanks for your comments so far!

About the drums, there actually is double bass drum, well most of the time, but we can't hear it very well. And about the vocals, it honestly really is just the sound because it sounds a lot better in person trust me.

Our setlist so far is :
Silhouette
Forest Of October
Nectar
When
The Leper Affinity
The Drapery Falls
Deliverance
Master's Apprentices
Windowpane

When something from Still Life and Ghost Reveries?

A crappy cover......hahahaha.....I used a MIDI track....hahaha.....i know its sucky......though I added some real acoustic guitar and some fruity loops drums.....hope u guys enjoy it....my voice is shot....just got back today from Hawaii vacation....so kinda under the weather....well enough excuses....enjoy fellas...!!!....PEAC EOUT

DREAM THEATER _ "THE ANSWER LIES WITHIN" (the most hated band on these boards....!!!...hahaha)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=53722

thanks man, i wrote that one pretty quick (an hour or 2) so i should have more up pretty fast. and yeah i need to work on making my songs much longer, i started writing about a year and a half ago so not much experience. still have alot to work on.

Why do you care if it sounds like Scott Walker? sounds pretty good, i dig it. But i thought Mr Walkers music was more disjointed and fucked up...but ive only heard, 'the drift'.