Post your band info/music recordings here

What do you think?

• Good, I like it.

Votes: 30 69.8%
  • Nah! Its totally disaster.

Votes: 13 30.2%

• Total voters
Haha, nice trick that guy pulled. The sample really did sound like something Opeth might do. What a dickhead lol.

blah.....i definitely agree that these guys sound much better in those 24 seconds of material then the rest of their songs....really does sound like it would be opeth but alas, deepthroat can suck it.

Didn't think it was Opeth, I recall reading an interview with Mike that said the guitar was back to standard E tuning (and that 'sample' sounded way too low for E), although wether it actually is or not is anyones guess at the moment.

This AxamentA bands is pretty good though.

hmmm...

If it is an employee of Roadrunner... how come Opeth haven't announced anything about a sample.. or Roadrunner for that matter..

And how come its just uploaded to 'themp3host.com' ..and not Opeth's myspace or anything

But still, it sounds great whatever it is :)

Yeah sorry, just reading through now... didn't realise there were 3 pages, haha

Edit: oh yeah.. i see now. Fucking bastard deepthroat..

well actually, im glad thats not Opeth though. As people have said, the quality is nothing compared to previous albums. And as someone said earlier, the compression is shit. (for Opeth's standards).

As for the band, i've never really listened to them properly before... they sound alright. (But that 15 seconds or so made them sound better than they really are)

Actually Axamenta is a pretty decent band from Belgium ... they also got great reviews for their last album. Although I'm not a big fan or anything, they are not bad at all.
A lot of people here were doubting at first apparently and didn't dare to make real statements about it. Just the fact that you guys could mistake it for being Opethy, already says something good about them.
But it really is ridiculously stupid to see how on the first page and a half people say they like it and discuss it as being opeth and as soon when it turns out it's a different band, people start bashing it ... narrowminded fucked up people.

edit: apparently the singer is the one leaving and he was the main reason I didn't like them as much. perhaps another singer with another style (because this one was mainly faking cradle of filth and dimmu borgir unfortunately) might do good things for this band.

:loco: Love you <3

:p I just thought that part of the song sounded so much like Opeth it could pass as a "sample" from an Opeth song.

To the one who found that it's Axamenta: :( Ignorance is bliss! It's so painful to wait for the new album, even if it's 3 months away.

By the way, the song on MySpace is not the full version, the real song is 6:09.

I think this band sounds pretty good though, but yes they would be better with a different vocalist. Still, just because they have a screamer doesn't make them bad. Same case with Becoming the Archetype.

this maitreya band is actually very good. despite the obvious opeth worship. still beats scar symmatry, dark suns, and whatever crap people listen to from this 'genre'