Post your band info/music recordings here

What do you think?

• Good, I like it.

Votes: 30 69.8%
  • Nah! Its totally disaster.

Votes: 13 30.2%

• Total voters
ok something i noticed some might be interested in....at the last few seconds when the distortion kicks in.....the guitar seems to be tuned lower then they have ever gone before. its not D. possibly C???

Good catch, It sounds like B or C to me, hard to tell. The chord sounds like the diminished power chord that mike uses alot but played lower. It's also possible that the production is causing the illusion of a lower tuning. Given the way this file is hosted (themp3host.com instead of Roadrunner's site), I'm guessing our friend deepthroat is either pulling our legs with a fake, or is doing this with out the permission of the label. Either way, the sample sounds cool.

Good catch, It sounds like B or C to me, hard to tell. The chord sounds like the diminished power chord that mike uses alot but played lower. It's also possible that the production is causing the illusion of a lower tuning. Given the way this file is hosted (themp3host.com instead of Roadrunner's site), I'm guessing our friend deepthroat is either pulling our legs with a fake, or is doing this with out the permission of the label. Either way, the sample sounds cool.

haha rad im glad someone agrees with me, and i also agree with you about the production illusion...could be.....but im thinking that when mike said it was more evil and deep/heavy sounding, he meant it literally.

That's not Opeth.

It's a band called "UpWind Aubrey".

FAKE!

I just checked myspace and google for that band and found nothing. With production values that high I'm sure it's not some underground band nobody knows about. Wheres your proof?

Also, I believe Mike already said that they returned to standard tuning so I don't think its down-tuned.

Sounds pretty sweet. The drums sound a little thin, though (production-wise). But if it is indeed Axe, then I am even MORE excited for this new album.

Sounds very well produced
I thought the opposite, it sounds horrible to me. That thing is compressed horribly, not just loudness war style compression, but amateur "what does this thing do again?" style compression that you hear nooblets do all the time.

Everyone who thinks this is mixed well, now I see why no one really cares about the loudness wars and mp3. :erk:

:edit: btw, you can tell this isn't professionally done because it was never touched by a mastering engineer, this has no brick wall limiting that you will find on pretty much every cd out there now, the mp3 hasn't even been normalized, and in fact is peaking at .79db over 0.

Well I can hear every instrument very clear...bass, guitar, drums, keys. I guess I'm just not as leet as you, but I still do think it is a professionally produced sound, if it is Opeth or not.

Well I can hear every instrument very clear...bass, guitar, drums, keys. I guess I'm just not as leet as you, but I still do think it is a professionally produced sound, if it is Opeth or not.
Its the compression that makes it sound bad to me, sure you can hear everything, but everything is just mashed together, no dynamics, and everything is distorted from being pushed against the compression threshold, turns the song into a wall of sound. Listen to the bass for starters, it has no decay, one solid tone, like a constant attack, the splash cymbals are the same, one loud distorted noise with an abrupt decay. The stereo field is being pulled center, a very noticeable and common side effect of a cheap compressor, on top of all that, it sounds like quite a bit of minimum phase equalization has been used, giving everything a washy, indirect placement.

2 cents, take it or leave it.

:edit: see the myspace source was posted, that could account for the phase issues anyway. :p

eh, no big deal really. we'll get samples when theyre meant to come i guess. this axamenta band is kinda interesting i guess...

eh, no big deal really. we'll get samples when theyre meant to come i guess. this axamenta band is kinda interesting i guess...

Yeah, plus Opeth is mentionned as one of their influences, so I guess it will help waiting for the new album.
Anyway, I'm not sure I want to hear a song off of the album before its release, like "The Grand Conjuration" when GR wasn't out... it would kind of fuck up 1/7 of the album, so this time I'll wait.

Your call though.

Yeah, plus Opeth is mentionned as one of their influences, so I guess it will help waiting for the new album.
Anyway, I'm not sure I want to hear a song off of the album before its release, like "The Grand Conjuration" when GR wasn't out... it would kind of fuck up 1/7 of the album, so this time I'll wait.

Your call though.

i know what you mean. i wish i could wait until the album comes out to hear any of it. honestly though, i dont think im going to be able to. i dont have the will power, sad to say.