Post your Hauls!

My friend's record shop, Purchase Street Records, was celebrating his own birthday, the 1-year anniversary of the shop's relocation to a bigger place and the sales tax-free weekend with a decent sale today (and running through tomorrow obviously).

So I stopped by to go through the CDs to see what I might want. In the regular CD section I only found one thing to pull the trigger on: Tesla's Mechanical Resonance album.

But he had a couple tables laid out with $2 CDs so I went through those and I found four discs to add to my collection.

The first one was a collection of 28 Irish Pub Songs done by various artists. I like Irish music and figured this would be good to check out.

Then I got Billy Joel's Greatest Hits Volume 3. I have the first two volumes and had just listened to that a couple weeks ago so it was cool to discover that he had a copy of this one on CD.

The other two CDs were both from Joe Bonamassa. The first one was his 2nd solo album So, It's Like That. And it was apparently one of the first 25,000 copies produced because it was the two disc set, the 2nd disc being a DVD from the tour for his first album A New Day Yesterday. The second album I got of his was the third solo album Blues Deluxe.

I also picked up a cassette copy of the Heretic album Breaking Point. I recently had my vinyl copy signed by the album's co-producer Kurdt Vanderhoof, but when I saw that the store had gotten a cassette copy I wanted to get it so I could do one of my Cassette Chronicles articles about it.

Reactions: mdmatt4ever
My friend's record shop, Purchase Street Records, was celebrating his own birthday, the 1-year anniversary of the shop's relocation to a bigger place and the sales tax-free weekend with a decent sale today (and running through tomorrow obviously).

So I stopped by to go through the CDs to see what I might want. In the regular CD section I only found one thing to pull the trigger on: Tesla's Mechanical Resonance album.

But he had a couple tables laid out with $2 CDs so I went through those and I found four discs to add to my collection.

The first one was a collection of 28 Irish Pub Songs done by various artists. I like Irish music and figured this would be good to check out.

Then I got Billy Joel's Greatest Hits Volume 3. I have the first two volumes and had just listened to that a couple weeks ago so it was cool to discover that he had a copy of this one on CD.

The other two CDs were both from Joe Bonamassa. The first one was his 2nd solo album So, It's Like That. And it was apparently one of the first 25,000 copies produced because it was the two disc set, the 2nd disc being a DVD from the tour for his first album A New Day Yesterday. The second album I got of his was the third solo album Blues Deluxe.

I also picked up a cassette copy of the Heretic album Breaking Point. I recently had my vinyl copy signed by the album's co-producer Kurdt Vanderhoof, but when I saw that the store had gotten a cassette copy I wanted to get it so I could do one of my Cassette Chronicles articles about it.

I wrote a piece about the Heretic album for my Cassette Chronicles series. You can check it out via this Limelight Magazine.com link.

Got a few albums by Todd Rundgren
-State (2 deluxe with live cd)
-Global
-All sides of Roxy 1978
-The individualist, a true star live

Primal Fear - "Code Red"
The Flower Kings - "Look At You Know"

Gross Reality - "Return To Ruin"
Ironflame - "Compendium"

I picked up three CDs today.

Doro - Conqueress - Forever Strong
Paul Rodgers - Midnight Rose
Bad Company - Fame and Fortune

The CDs I ordered from Nuclear Blast during their Black Friday sale came today.

Five Sabaton albums:

Primo Victoria
Attero Dominatus
Metalizer
The Art of War
Carolus Rex

Traded some stuff got bored of, and got these in return (plus an Iron Maiden shirt).

Jethro Tull - "The Very Best Of"
Michael Schenker Group - "Be Aware Of Scorpions"
Impellitteri - "Answer To The Master"
Impellitteri - "System X"

I took a trip to my friend's record shop today because he posted that he got a new collection in the other day. Then I got a message that I could check it out today before he puts it all out for sale.

Good thing I did. I didn't get everything I might've wanted because there's no way I would've been able to afford everything but I picked up some stuff I wanted so I'm happy.

I got a cassette copy of The Scream's Let It Scream. It is going to be turned into an article for my Cassette Chronicles series. Best thing is that this cassette is in pristine condition!

I also picked up 10 CDS. Some I bought to upgrade from cassette, some I never had or had even seen in the wild before.

Ratt - Collage
Eyes - S/T
Quiet Riot - Alive and Well
Tora Tora - Surprise Attack
Billy Squier - Creatures of Habit
Warrant - Dog Eat Dog
Dangerous Toys - Hellacious Acres
Dangerous Toys - Pissed
Great White - Elation
Danger Danger - Four the Hard Way

I took a trip to my friend's record shop today because he posted that he got a new collection in the other day. Then I got a message that I could check it out today before he puts it all out for sale.

Good thing I did. I didn't get everything I might've wanted because there's no way I would've been able to afford everything but I picked up some stuff I wanted so I'm happy.

I got a cassette copy of The Scream's Let It Scream. It is going to be turned into an article for my Cassette Chronicles series. Best thing is that this cassette is in pristine condition!

I also picked up 10 CDS. Some I bought to upgrade from cassette, some I never had or had even seen in the wild before.

Ratt - Collage
Eyes - S/T
Quiet Riot - Alive and Well
Tora Tora - Surprise Attack
Billy Squier - Creatures of Habit
Warrant - Dog Eat Dog
Dangerous Toys - Hellacious Acres
Dangerous Toys - Pissed
Great White - Elation
Danger Danger - Four the Hard Way

really good haul