Post your music here if you want people to comment on it

Would sound better with bottom end of some sort. Would be fine if you had bass. Might still be a tad high on treble.

pretty rough and unmixed. no real lyrics. just a riff on the new board. too bad you cant hear the backing chords very well.

hope it works
[ame]http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=54847823[/ame]
~gR~

Mk, so I haven't really been in here before.....that new band showcase place is dead and commonly full of one-offers...so I'll just post in here...

Finally got to touch up the mixes for the demo today the way I've wanted to and it's all finished now, and the 3 songs are on the MySpace..just click on the link in my sig. Not demanding a bunch of critique or praises or anything like that, since I know I only dropped in here just now and haven't much participated yet...........just trying to get some music to you guys is all................ BTW, what to expect is a more kind of individual, exploratory sounding blend of classic metal and power metal...so if that sounds reprehensible..donotclick. :yuk:

I didn't write either of these riffs, I just remembered them (or something very similar) and recorded, not sure what they are from either but anyway.. If anyone could give some suggestions/tips etc, mainly for the guitar tone, that would be awesomeo.

https://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=batch_download&batch_id=UmNMMWZPcTI1R00wTVE9PQ

Playing is pretty sloppy too, damn alcohol. ;p

Them be nightrage riffs (at least the melody) :headbang: and that wasnt sloppy at all dude

@ waif, the project name is cool, you have found that there are still cool uses for the word 'winter' in metal band names. :p When I listen to the first one you have up, I get tons of drum ideas in my head, you probably can't wait until you find a drummer..good luck on that though. It sounds pretty good - although - I'm unclear as to if it's meant to be an instrumental, or if you have vox ideas, et al.....

also re: comments from you I saw somewhere else about our stuff, thanks a whole lot, and yes, the MySpace tracks are from a new master although the difference isn't HUGE...99% of recorded parts are the same as before.. basically all I did was we slightly turned the drums down as I came to the conclusion that would help perfect the mix (it did), and redo a small vocal line in 'Aria..' that I wasn't at all happy with previously.

Would it help iyo if the scream was turned down a couple decibals? Cause I like it and it's pretty much staying.... :p but I don't want it 'taking over' if it really feels that way. It doesn't to me, but then again it used to be even louder (I was loud, plus the engineer thought it would be awesome to have it turned up). I could maaaybe have it dialed down a little when I ask for a couple more backup discs...can't really afford an entire new session though...what's there is pretty much the final final thing..

And yeah..the Asian bassist disappeared.... this is a really frustrating city in terms of finding musicians who would want to play this kind of music and actually contribute to success.

Winterfell is the name of a castle in George R.R. Martin's A Song of Fire and Ice series, from which about half of the lyrics are drawn, but it could also be read as Winter Fell, which could be anything. I like it in that it's a cool name on it's own + it also has a pretty sweet meaning.

Unfortunately, a couple months after forming the band I discovered there was already a band called Winterfell, who also wrote a song called Winter is Coming...fuck. But they broke up, and only wrote a couple songs about the series, so I chose to keep the name; if they object I'll change it but I hope they'll be cool about it if they ever realize I exist.

The scream could be cool, it's just kinda loud and in my ear. It's really not a big deal, if it's hard to change...this is why I love computer recordings, no trouble to turn down.

For that song...lyrics are written and I've growled them to myself and it sounds pretty good. Pretty badass too, imo. I'm gonna borrow an SM57 from a friend and demo up some shitty vocals so people can understand it better. I doubt I'll find a drummer who can play that double kick stuff, but I think it could work slower. It's more trouble than it's worth to program drums in multiple time sigs and tempos for a demo like that, so the double bass is honestly faster than it should be.

My friend has an album of wolf howls for some reason, so I got the idea to begin the song with a short bit of wolves howling, maybe some wind or something - brief, not annoying. That's why it starts with that riff played with no palm muting. The idea is it'll start with eerie howling and wind and then go into this sludgy, distorted riff, then resolve into the second part as drums come in, then go into the verse. I hope it works. Thing is, it feels really inorganic at present. I'm hoping to do a sorta live-in-studio thing for the final recording to avoid that.

btw on the bassist thing you could try musicianmatch, I just discovered it and it looks pretty useful, already found a drummer in my area into metal (AT LAST). Unfortunately he's also into slipknot, but hopefully this can be overcome.

It's more trouble than it's worth to program drums in multiple time sigs and tempos for a demo like that, so the double bass is honestly faster than it should be.

Unfortunately he's also into slipknot, but hopefully this can be overcome.

Really strongly disagree with that first statement. :p As overrated as he is Joey Jordison is by no means bad so I don't see how that is really a problem? I know a few people with decent enough taste who still really like Slipknot.

In which aspect; I should bother with the time sigs or the double bass is good?

Also, yeah Jordison is pretty good. Watched a couple videos of this dude and he's definitely good enough. The rest of the band is down, so I sent him a message. Fingers crossed, but not in a girly "does he like me?" manner; rather, a manly "I hope I cut through the spine cleanly this time" sort of finger-crossing.

I've heard Slipknot's latest is okay. I'm just opposed to the band because 1, there are nine of them, which is too many, 2, I detest their style, 3, I detest their fan-base, and 4, masks are fucking lame.

Programing drums in something like Cubase, even with millions of time changes/time sigs, is really simple tbh and it's easy to get hold of good VST drums online.

Maybe. My friend pirated BFD2 for me, though; I'm just waiting to get it from him. But mostly, I'm not very good with time signatures and shit like that. I kinda just play and let other people figure it out. Probably maybe not the best approach but w/e. Everything fits in 4/4 time so far, I just have to get creative to make it fit.

http://www.myspace.com/mefitisband/

I'm not incredibly thrilled with the songs that are up at the moment, but take a listen.

The song "Mefitis" was recorded at our drummer's house where we used just one mic for the drums. And I believe that the recording software we used was "Reaper", if anyone is curious.

The song "Sleep of Swords" was a classic bedroom recording where our frontman recorded guitar parts and used a drum program.

http://www.myspace.com/decimate94549/

For this short clip, the guitars were recorded in less than thirty minutes and a drum program was thrown in on top.

The first keyboard line on Mefitis sounds really happy...
There's definitely some good stuff here though. The black metal stuff is better than the death metal elements. The sound is pretty cramped. The guitars could use some more room.

There are some cool parts, but most of the stuff with growls doesn't come off too well.

Just a little thingy I came up with, its not much but let me know what you think.
http://www.myspace.com/464400625
No offense, but the first one was pointless. That's not a terribly good bit tbh.

Pretty sweet. Could use maybe another riff or two.

Do you mean the whole first song or just the first part of the song. I'm planning on adding more to it to make give it more depth, and make it more interesting.

The whole first song. It was really dull. Just a bunch of little noodly bits. They fit together okay, but none of them were interesting to hear alone. Acoustic guitar over distorted electric often works for black metal but shitty sounding boring acoustic bits alone don't do much. Not to be overly harsh, but I want to discourage you from wasting time on this, unless you're thinking of taking it in an entirely different direction, because I don't think it has much potential.

Standard disclaimer about how obviously this is my opinion, do what you think is best, blah blah blah.