Post your music here if you want people to comment on it

Thanks for the input. A couple other people I showed it too said they liked it, one of them a guitar player himself. He said I need to add more to it, like I was already planning on doing. Please keep in mind this is the first full "song" I've ever put together.

One thing I really want to do is add like wind sounds behind it or something, any suggestions on finding some sound clip like that?

I finally managed to finish a new song!
:headbang:
I really don't know what genre to put it in, i guess it's kind of a symphonic trash metal tune.

As always i'll be very happy with suggestions, constructive criticism or anything that can improve the song.

This song screams for a good trash vocal!

Still looking for a good vocalist and maybe a bass player! Please contact me if you're interested!

If you think you have anything to offer to any of my songs, i'll be happy to collaborate :)

The song is called "Just A Blind" and can be found here: www.soundclick.com/ognedal

Metal/Pop/Rock Check it out! :headbang:

www.soundclick.com/ognedal

I've always wanted to know wtf is up with "trash" metal. Is it just a common misspelling of thrash, or a completely different genre?

Your music is good though.

Around 1:20 it should go into a really fast riff, methinks.
Everything is cool and well composed but I think this is strong evidence that symphonic thrash wouldn't work, simply because thrash is all about thrashing and symphonics are about...I dunno. Not thrashing. The two elements sorta clash. There are some sweet thrash riffs in here, and some cool symphonic parts, but they don't really go together.

shotgun breakdown: Thank you.

WeAreInFlames: Thank you i guess :) You're actually the second person
to mention that (about the symphony and thrash style).
In my head it sounds cool and unexpected, but it's nice
to hear what others think. Maybe it's not a good idea,
who knows?

Been doing a fair bit of work on my side project - Trepans - in preparation for the debut release (should be out on limited edition tape soon enough)

http://www.myspace.com/trepans

It's a mix of dark electronic noise, ambient and chilled IDM. I like to make each track have a very distinct feel, so I don't really mix the genres within the individual songs. Have a listen you'll see what I mean.

Also have a more traditional ambient project along the lines of Eluvium, but I've been taking a bit of a break from it recently. Link is in the ol' sig.

In my head it sounds cool and unexpected, but it's nice
to hear what others think. Maybe it's not a good idea,
who knows?

You tried something new. It didn't work. But at least you tried something new. Failing at something new isn't failure, it's learning. Not all original ideas are good, but if you don't try them you won't know.

I had an idea for a sorta jam-like project where the bass was the lead instrument and the guitar would build off the bass, and it wouldn't be so much riff-based as groove-based (not lame-ass core groove, actual groove). My bassist and I jammed around a bit but nothing really worked out. I still think it would be cool, but we're just not the guys to do it. If anyone reading this is thinking "that could be cool," try it and tell me if it works.

I finally managed to finish a new song!
:headbang:
I really don't know what genre to put it in, i guess it's kind of a symphonic trash metal tune.

As always i'll be very happy with suggestions, constructive criticism or anything that can improve the song.

The song is called "Just A Blind"

Sounded OK to me, but I listen mainly to progressive and those guys do that kind of stuff all the time. Only thing I felt was the first transition didnt flow too well. Maybe it can be worked out, maybe the two dont belong together, the second transition in and out was good. I struggle with transitions all the time, not all of them but some just never please me. I even heard parts later that could be orchestrated that werent. You have good "stuff" and do a decent job recording too.

What are you a cross between Tom Petty and Metal ? lol

Just a little thingy I came up with, its not much but let me know what you think.

Hey, you posted this along time ago, but what the hell. What you have there is an introduction and a base for something better/more. Reminds me of Tool somehow... not that I own any. Fates Warning has also built on stuff like that. Another good sign I heard was your slowing tempo change and the recovery. Hang tight