Post your music here if you want people to comment on it

We are Feel No Pain from Spain (I love how it sounds :loco:), and we play thrash metal with some bits of melody here and there (not in the burnout-modern-swedish-wannabe way, i hope). We have a few songs written, but only one recorded. The sound is not so good, but I think it´s worth a hearing for all the metal heads around here.

http://www.myspace.com/feelnopainband

Dirge for November, my black metal solo project Ive been working on. Right now I have four songs recorded. Feel free to download/listen/whatever the fuck you want. Here's my Soundclick page. Crits are appreciated.

It's too difficult for a first timer to be able to tell the good from the bad.The writers for The Internet TV Reviews have really helped me with online purchase decisions before http://www.internettvsitereviews.com/ ,TVChannels2PC was pretty fast if you want Quality TV Channels and Free Legal Music Sources.
:headbang:

ANGELDEATH - blasphemous old school death metal prodigy from Albany, NY, back after 5 year breakup/hiatus.

If you like MORBID ANGEL, DEATH, POSSESSED, INCANTATION, IMMORTAL, NECROPHOBIC, SLAYER, MASSACRE, DEICIDE, then you'll DEFINITELY dig us.

Check out the last CD we recorded, Its all up on our myspace page.

www.myspace.com/angeldeath518

this is a riff I wrote recently in the style of Behemoth
I was specifically hoping to get some feedback on the counterpoint
playing/timing/tone a little sloppy, but you should get the idea

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zijzzvqwmqz

riff played four times, then each part separated, then again together once

thanks

hmm... i donno man, its not really workin for me. I see what you're trying to do, but its really the lead line that doesn't seem to mesh with the rythm riff. a couple of the notes line up and match well... but as a whole, it seems too contrasting and theres no harmony there.

if you can, try to pick out what scale the rythm is mostly based on, and then use those notes for the lead line. unless you already did that, but it doesn't quite sound like it to me.

I would try eliminating a few notes from the lead line... i think they're both a little too busy also. The rythm is great, i like that a lot, but I feel that a much more simple lead line would be a lot more effective over top. And at least start the lead line with the same note that the rythm begins with; it doesn't sound like you did, and thats a big sort of disharmony, to my ears. but the end of the lead line works well, because you can hear the octave harmony with the rythm...

but i would mess with the first half of the lead line, make it simpler, and make it start with whatever note is the root of the chord you begin the rythm with. even just hold the first note of the lead line until you get to the change where you play the last 4 notes, cuz those work well.

hope this helps. i love giving constructive criticism to ppl, cuz i love getting it and hearing what ppl think about my guitar riffs and band 'n whatnot

check us out www.myspace.com/angeldeath518

thanks for the input.
They actually do start on the same note.
I heard both parts i my head and then worked on figuring them out on the guitar. The lead was easier and came first. To figure out the rhythm I started with the first not of the lead an octave lower for the chug, then the top part of a 7th chord with a lot of the same notes from the melody in it, then some alt picking and and stuff to finish it off which I just transcribed from my head. the second part of the rhythm starts an octave lower than the corresponding lead note, followed by some inverted power chords. then I recorded the two over each other to see how it sounds...

and I agree, I think it sounds a little funny. I'll think about what you said and fiddle with it. I was trying to create a part with interesting counterpoint that didn't utilize standard harmony, that is, utilized different techniques, with the parts kinda playing off each other rather than directly mirroring each other. But I have very little knowledge of theory, so i think it will take some work.

By the way, I really dig your band-you deserve way more myspace views\m/

this is a riff I wrote recently in the style of Behemoth
I was specifically hoping to get some feedback on the counterpoint
playing/timing/tone a little sloppy, but you should get the idea
Sounds much better than the version you first showed me, but I'm thinking that maybe this part just doesn't work. The riff is great, but the melody really doesn't do anything for it. I would say work out some variations on the melody and turn it into a lead part.

Sweet. Excellent thrashy old school death metal. Not thrilled with the vocals, but other than that awesome.

If I could get some feedback on the jam I posted before, with particular attention to the ambient outro, I'd be a very happy man...

Flames: what specifically don't you like about the vocals? Just not a fan of mid-register black metal-style singing? I'm very curious, actually lol.

Unfortunately he's no longer in the band anyway... so we're working on filling it.

Flames: what specifically don't you like about the vocals? Just not a fan of mid-register black metal-style singing? I'm very curious, actually lol.

Basically, death metal vocals should sound powerful. In general that means deeper vocals, although this doesn't necessarily accomplish that. David Vincent-ish vocals would fit your stuff pretty well. It's just that your vocalist sounds kind of weak. It might be the mixing as well a bit.

The one other thing with the song I listened to (the first one) is that the beginning is kind of just a series of riffs that don't particularly build or anything. They're good riffs and it's not a big problem, but if you were looking to tighten up the material that's where I'd start.

Improvised some lead guitar onto Gojira- The Unicorn.

Last edited by a moderator: