post your sexy pics here

I'm only about halfway done with my degree, as I did it all while I was in the military since I enlisted when I was 18, so I can't say that I have experience with the "college life" and I kinda blazed my own path with relationships and stuff due to the military, but everyone I know says that college is extremely important not just for the education but for the social and networking aspect. For me, the military shaped my vision for what I wanted in life...however, for most people it seems that college provides them the guiding light they have always sought. There is room for everyone of every type in college. Most probably you will find your niche and you will find your way in life in college. You will be around people who think like you and who are interested in the things you're interested in. College will open doors to things you never knew existed and to people you would've never met had you not chosen that path.

John, what you're doing is literally something out of an 80's teen movie like Can't Buy Me Love or Pretty in Pink. It's high school shit with a high school mentality...the only things missing are jocks and homecoming queens. You're 19 so you're a man now; therefore, you are going to have to start acting like a man and taking responsibility for your own actions and your own choices. However, the beautiful thing about all of this is, well, YOU'RE 19! You're so young and you haven't even started in life, so not only is it not too late to turn it all around, you really haven't begun yet!

Take charge of your life, my friend! YOU are responsible for everything wrong in your life. Not necessarily for everything that has happened to you, but rather the roads you're traveling. If things go great, then you can pat yourself on the back. If things are shit, then it's your fault for not making it better. If you find yourself making excuses for your situation in life, then you're acting like a coward...and I don't think you're a coward. You wanna know how to change your life? Here are a few things:

1. Stop drinking so goddamn much. A slobbering drunk is the most annoying thing in the world to other people, and if you don't clean yourself up while you're young you won't have the impetuousness of youth to blame it on...that leads to guilt and shame.

2. Stop doing drugs. A joint every now and then is no big deal, but popping pills is akin to being a crackhead. It's trashy, a waste of money and brain cells, and it inhibits LIFE. The drug culture has almost mystified and made it seem cool to be a drug addict these days because of celebrities and the media. Well, even celebrities can be scum but there's a difference: they're rich and they're banging supermodels. We'd love to be in their shoes, sure...that's why we try all the things that we do because we want to feel like they do and while we're on those drugs we may actually feel better. But do you know the difference between the average drug user and a celebrity user? When the average drug user comes down, he's still average with a shitty, insignificant life. When a celebrity comes down, he wakes up between two women in his bed and a Ferrari in the garage. People who use drugs to escape the pressures in their lives are spineless cowards without the gumption to take charge and live their lives. Don't be that person.

3. Stop hanging around fucking losers. If your "friends" make fun of you for being who you are, cut them off and never speak to them again. Now I'm not saying to cut off genuine friends who tease you because you're friends; that's what a friend is, someone who accepts you for who you are but isn't afraid to be honest with you...we all love a good ribbing. But if your "friends" are only your friends because of something you bring to the table or because of some particular material thing about you, then they aren't friends. Leave them and let them rot. Don't associate with them, don't respond to their criticism, don't even acknowledge their existence. If someone is holding you back from your potential, then they most definitely are NOT your friend...they are an obstacle keeping you from attaining your goals. A sense of belonging is completely moot if you don't really belong in the first place. If you have to be a cold-hearted prick to clean up the scum from your life then do it, and if that means lots of solitude, then put on some Anathema and get on with your life. Self-reliance, my friend.

4. Get educated. Whether by traveling or by higher formal education, enrich your life in some way. I recommend college but college isn't for everyone; if you find yourself with wanderlust then hit the fuckin' road, man. You will discover that the best education in life isn't always higher education, but it most definitely can't hurt.

Sorry for the long post but over the years I've seen you suffer through your posts and stuff on this board. I thought it was just because you were young and that you would find a way out of your situation, but you're only exacerbating it by making excuses. You're 19, my friend. You are old enough to vote and old enough to serve your country. You're an adult. You are no longer afforded the leniency of being a minor...before long you'll go from troubled kid with substance addictions to white trash stereotype if you don't change. Is that what you want out of life? Is that how you want to be remembered? You're a sensitive, extremely nice and quite open-minded guy who always puts others ahead of himself. It's time to take care of #1, John. It takes more balls to turn your life around than any gangster, drug dealer, or ghetto thug will ever have or will ever understand.

Yeah, but wearing whats comfortable doesn't attract girls in social settings. I'm 19, not 30.
K, so at 41, I've been both 19 and 30, and I found there was little difference. For that matter, I found there was little difference between Jr High and 30. I made some changes in who I spend time with and solved that bullshit. I still can't believe there are folks out there who still think like that, even at my age, but there it is. Just some fair warning.

If you like all the clothes you own and you select stuff that's appealing to you, then you're doing it right, regardless of what genre you follow or how ecclectic your wardrobe. In my experience, "what's comfortable" is not typically appealing to any crowd. Hell, I'm waiting impatiently for the day when it's going to be OK to go out in public wearing my fuzzy slippers (c'mon senility!!!), but so far, I just can't bring myself to do it. They are super tumfy, though! :D

Someone in here posted that when you quit trying, you'll likely get laid. I beleive it was a sarcastic bit of Murphy's Law humor, but its actually true. When you relax and just be you, you will look more comfortable in your skin, so to speak, and more confident. There is a certain amount of bravery involved in being yourself and people can see it. It is attractive to women. And just by the way, I had a HORRIBLE time meeting people in my age group that shared my interests until I went to college. It's a much more diverse group than High School or "the scene". If you're considering it, I can't recommend it enough -- there's no down side. You meet new friends, try new things, learn, grow, and as a bonus, you have a shot at a better job and future.

Don't EVER let anyone tell you that you're not worthwhile, that you need to change to be acceptable, or that your dreams are invalid. Absolutely grooming and manners are incredibly important, and will get you places. But I'll tell you what, I just read nearly 2 pages of responses from people who seem to care about you, and with the exception of a few carefully selected pictures, I'd bet that precious few of us have really seen you. That means each of us is basing our opinion on what you have to say and what's inside you. Just a thought.

I think what should be made the clearest from everyone is that I'm sure that most of us (at least myself) are speaking from experience. We're offering advice because we made some of the mistakes John is making right now. I really don't want to see a nice guy like John make the same mistakes that I've made when someone could advise him differently. It's the classic case of "If I knew then what I know now..."

I'll preface this by saying that you KNOW how nuts I am.

That being said, when I was 19, I was a lot worse. All of this stuff comes with the age, and you absolutely have to take advice and put it to use. Stop the drugs, stop abusing the alcohol, and surround yourself with people more like the person that you want to be. Your druggy friends will only tell you that quitting drugs is lame. Being around them while they're doing drugs will only make you want to do them, and you WILL cave in... obviously.

That being said, check out my John Lithgow autographs. Cool, eh? :kickass:

Absolutely grooming and manners are incredibly important, and will get you places.

Poirot, you have stolen my heart. :p

Like the little Belgian detective says, "Status is unimportant; manners are everything."

Proper etiquette towards other people and about yourself can literally land you fortunes in life. Whether you like him or not, look at the difference between our current and former President. A well-spoken, polite, and confident man can make a woman swoon faster than any Lamborghini.

I'll preface this by saying that you KNOW how nuts I am.

That being said, when I was 19, I was a lot worse. All of this stuff comes with the age, and you absolutely have to take advice and put it to use. Stop the drugs, stop abusing the alcohol, and surround yourself with people more like the person that you want to be. Your druggy friends will only tell you that quitting drugs is lame. Being around them while they're doing drugs will only make you want to do them, and you WILL cave in... obviously.

That being said, check out my John Lithgow autographs. Cool, eh? :kickass:

Will, now that your life is turned around and you are on the verge of a new beginning, doesn't it feel good? Whatever your choice was, isn't it great to have a clear path to your future?

Whether it's the military or just changing your lifestyle, a new beginning is a rare opportunity. If it presents itself, seize it!

Will, now that your life is turned around and you are on the verge of a new beginning, doesn't it feel good? Whatever your choice was, isn't it great to have a clear path to your future?

Whether it's the military or just changing your lifestyle, a new beginning is a rare opportunity. If it presents itself, seize it!

Yes, indeed. I have a long-term planned goal, as well as many current goals that I'm working hard as hell to achieve. My food intake has changed, as well as my outlook on many minor things in my life. It feels fantastic that I have so much available to me right now. It took me 3 years to enlist in the military, and I'm regretting not doing it sooner.

If you have a dream of going to college, fucking DO IT! If you don't you'll go "what if..." for the rest of your life. If you try college and it doesn't work, you can at least say that you gave it a shot, then you can look for some other way to advance yourself.

What I've learned is that when I was sitting on the internet complaining that my life wasn't going well, and I needed to change... nothing happened. I wasn't GIVEN anything other than advice, which I thanked people for and said I would do... but, I ultimately brushed it off. One day, I woke up and decided to change my approach. What did I do? I actually DID something about it instead of complaining to people I've never met and probably never would meet while looking for sympathy.

Eight months ago, I was bitching about how my life was going nowhere. Nine months later, I'm looking forward to my going away party. Why? It's because that seven months ago, I MADE change happen. Next month, I leave for Basic Training for the United States Navy. I'll be going from being disappointed in my life, job, and lack of education to instantly getting in to better shape, getting paid to go to school, and gaining a very respectable career. What did it cost me? Nothing but effort.

You can do what makes you happy. You can also keep doing what depresses you. Just know that you CAN pull yourself out of a slump by just making a little bit of effort.

I shouldn't neglect to say as well, however, that there's no guarantee that your life is going to turn out like you planned it just because you make a drastic change. I know I used to go on and on about how much I love living here, and I really do, but there are some major drawbacks that I'm weighing on a daily basis.

My plan to finish my degree via distance learning with Penn State, Boston College, and some other schools I'm interested in attending is slowly starting to diminish. I'm really afraid that the time limit for my Montgomery GI Bill is going to expire before I get to use it due to the fact that I have no access to a military installation because I'm not retired, just separated. Once you separate from the military, even honorably and with a good record, you effectively cut all ties and therefore can no longer use any facilities or even get on base. You're nothing to them anymore. I'm still researching my options, but it's my understanding that all exams must be proctored of course by legitimate educational institutions, and if I don't have the ability to use those institutions then I'm unable to take the final exams even if I've completed the distance learning course. I'm overseas as a civilian and with a residency of Italy...it's not a very common situation for people who separate from the military. One of my options is to move back to the states until I get it done, but I really don't plan on uprooting my family and my livelihood for two solid years for 1000 bucks a month in rent payment from the government and tuition assistance. Again, I'm still exploring other ways of doing it but so far it has led me to a dead end. If any of you have any information about this stuff, that would be most helpful.

Also, I didn't plan on having my career blow up in my face when this economic crisis hit, effectively disintegrating any and all English-learning schools and forcing me to look for a regular ole' blue-collar job as a factory worker. Not that I have a problem with it...a job is a job and my life here is quite good, but expected something more by the time I hit 30.

Part of making big, life-changing decisions is weighing the risks involved. For me, the benefits far outweigh the drawbacks but not everything has gone according to plan. You just have to roll with the punches and make the best out of every situation while trying to stay focused on what is important to you in life.

6a00d8341c58f853ef0120a7aa52a6970b-800wi