posting links to mp3's

pistol_pete

Feb 19, 2003
IRELAND
Visit site
at least it takes the hierarchy away from the forum.....

wouldnt you's agree?

granted i would never upload mp3's of any band on to the internet, but if one does come accross them on the web whats wrong with telling others?

its kinda silly discussing the new tracks in the forum if everyone hasnt been allowed the chance to hear them.

so if there is a ban on mp3 link posting maybe there should be a ban on discussing the new album altogether.. its just frustrating for others.

its kinda silly discussing the new tracks in the forum if everyone hasnt been allowed the chance to hear them

Well.... that's a bit unfair, the album's not out yet! Only people who've got promo copies or who have downloaded the album have heard it. The MP3 link ban is fair in my opinion, because the fact is that it's illegal to download the album. Not just sharing, but downloading as well.

When the album comes out, there will be more discussion about the new songs when everyone's heard them. But until then you'll have to wait! :)

It is totaly right to ban all ppl that post links to illegal mp3s...
they are out on the internet, yes, but they are still illegal, and this place is to support the band, not tell others how to get theyre albums for free.

If you cant get the mp3´s, go somewhere else to get them...

I definetly vote for Jesse on this one.

I agree with Hobo. Keep in mind, this is the official band forum, which has the participation of atleast one of the members, not just some random site where we happen to discuss Katatonia. The band should be respected here, of all places.

Yep, there are enough "unofficial sources" out there in case you're really that impatient. As long as something like promotion exists it's nearly impossible to prevent new and unreleased songs from being leaked, but there's no need to publish or ask for them at the band's official HP/forum... that's just insolent.

hmm.... I think we are talking about the promo stuff, right?
So... "promo" stands for promotion, right?

We are talking about 3 songs on the promo that we're spread around by people who got the stuff first: labels and magazines. As for downloading a whole album I agree with all of you that it's not fair to give it all away for free but according to promotional stuff, what's the point? It doesn't make any difference if you give away a 45sec. sample on the official homepage or give away the full length version of the song.

Well, maybe we should just stop this discussion, I'm sure the band nor jesse would change their minds upon this and after all it would just make everybody get angry. sad but true.

Originally posted by abyssofdreams
It doesn't make any difference if you give away a 45sec. sample on the official homepage or give away the full length version of the song.

Well, that's for the band/label to decide, isn't it?

its kinda silly discussing the new tracks in the forum if everyone hasnt been allowed the chance to hear them.

Exactly. Those people who were fortunate enough to get a promo or to come across some MP3s should consider themselves lucky, but they shouldn't start half a dozen new threads about "first impressions" and stuff like that.

Now send me these links!!! :mad:

;)

Originally posted by my dying groom
Well, that's for the band/label to decide, isn't it?

Yeah, but I didn't mean that the label or the band should post full length stuff, I just mean that it wouldn't make any difference for the audience. I suppose that 99.9% on this part of the forum are Katatonia fans already and will most probably buy the album, no matter what.