Potential headliners for the future?

Do you believe that Nevermore is headline material still? with a two year absence and 3 cancellations?

Bear

Yep. Its not like Warrel and Jeff haven't been active. And from what I can tell they plan to put out another album. Do I think Glenn will book them? Not really. But a potential headliner.

Threads like this must be an endless source of amusement to our promoter.

That said, the one band that fits perfectly, is Nevermore. Their drawing power is perfect and their sound fits. Of course, we all know the history. But if Circus Maximus can be forgiven for blowing off Glenn's tour to open for Symphony X, than why not Nevermore for a once in a lifetime opportunity to open for the best-selling Metal act on the planet, Disturbed.

Zod

A lot of the one's I'd like to see have already been mentioned here:
Avantasia
Ayreon
DIO
Grave Digger
Nocturnal Rights
UDO
Whitesnake
Within Temptation

Here's a few other potential headliners that I'd like to eventually see at PP. Yes, I realize some of these will probably never happen (or happen again), but I think they are all the right caliber, so I can hope:

Dark Moor
Edenbridge
Manowar
Pretty Maids
Rage
Saxon
Wuthering Heights

You have to be very careful when you say Headliner material, what maybe headliner material for one person maybe no higher than a 3rd slot for someone else. But as far as "TRUE" headliners(and Falconer is not one).

TAROT for sure

That's just weird John, sorry, but where the heck do you see TAROT come in as a headliner? Their sales of albums, not to mention their lack of touring on a big scale, does not validate them being a headliner in any way for a festival of this size. "TRUE headliner", "for sure"??? Not likely.

c.

Probably on Marco's popularity with Nightwish, and that Tarot has been around for ~22 years. I have no clue what their sales numbers are like. I figured that they'd be higher than you indicate.

Probably on Marco's popularity with Nightwish, and that Tarot has been around for ~22 years. I have no clue what their sales numbers are like. I figured that they'd be higher than you indicate.

His popularity with Nightwish shouldn't validate TAROT to headline in my opinion. The fact that they've been around for 22 years shouldn't either. There are lot of bands out there who has been around for that long and can't headline even a small festival.

What should matter is: a consistent quality and sale of releases throughout the years, lots of touring experience or high demand.

TAROT's only claim to fame is the link with Nightwish and perhaps their latest release ("Crows Fly Black" or whatever its' called), which didn't sell nearly as much as most of the bands in 3rd or 4th spot on this festival.

Just curious what people think about the future of this fest? Whom do you think are potential heavy hitter headliners? It will be cool to see what people think here...

Bear

Well, if I am able to do some wishful thinking here, how about the likes of:

Symphony X
Redemption
Seventh Wonder
Adagio
Mind's Eye
Anubis Gate
Suspyre
Impelliterri
Shadow Gallery
Dream Theater

Yep, any of the above would do it for me, I think!

Seems this thread, as do many, has turned into a wish-list for any appearance then a list of true headliner suggestions. I LOVE Tarot, as most of you know, but I do not see them in a headline spot. Same with Suspyre, and I make every effort to catch their performances within a 2-hour radius.

Within Temptation would be a great headliner, imo.
Same with Opeth. Surprised there's not more love for them here.They're just awesome.
Dio would of course be incredible and I'm always up for another SymX performance. Would love to see Nightwish back, but with all their touring over here, I think they've gotten too much exposure for ProgPower.

Must say, it's hard to come up with viable headliners that haven't been see a lot and aren't too expensive.

That's just weird John, sorry, but where the heck do you see TAROT come in as a headliner? Their sales of albums, not to mention their lack of touring on a big scale, does not validate them being a headliner in any way for a festival of this size. "TRUE headliner", "for sure"??? Not likely.

c.

Your probably right Claus, and I would have to agree with you but only after much inner turmoil, hehehehehehehehe Where is that list you promised? Even though Marco has the popularity i bet you would have to go a long way to find anyone who could name the other members, and your right they don't tour much. So can I put them in the slot right under the headliner? Pretty please?

Come on guys, we're talking about real headliners over here... At least have some validity on posting potential true headliners...

Edenbridge? Suspyre? Virgin Steele? Seventh Wonder?

Good bands, but headliners? COME ON!!!

Come on guys, we're talking about real headliners over here... At least have some validity on posting potential true headliners...

Edenbridge? Suspyre? Virgin Steele? Seventh Wonder?

Good bands, but headliners? COME ON!!!

I could be wrong, but i thought the original post said "hard hitting headliners in the future....", so many could be thinking further down the road than next year. Obviously Seventh Wonder is not headliner material next year, but five years down the road.......

Now if the thread was headliner's for 2010, then you would have a very good point.

What gives anyone the impression that Whitesnake would even fit this festival? Granted, I'm a huge fan, but I don't think they fit what this festival is about. I just wanted to throw that in there...proceed.

~Brian~

Most of the bands listed here are either not in PP's price range, don't fit the fest, or aren't headliner-quality.

So, who is that hasn't played yet? Hammerfall is the first that comes to mind. Helloween, technically. That's all I can think of.