Power Death bands!

BlindedByFear

Deserted
Dec 16, 2005
Sweden
Hi there! Can u guys list some good power death bands for me?
in the same style as these bands:
Children Of Bodom
Imperanon
Norther
Kalmah

Krigloch the Furious said:
power death? wtf!

lol, that's what I was thinking.

At any rate, they're not "power death," but since you clearly want Finnish bands with wicked guitars and screamy vocals, Ensiferum is the best band by FAR that might fit that description.

The phrase 'death metal' seems to be applied quite broadly in many cases. I think of death metal as quite a distinct approach by the guitars (and drums), which isn't really present at all in a lot of things which the term is used to describe.

For me there is nothing about Children of Bodom that is death metal, except for the drums but even they are just standard extreme metal.

But also, I don't think the term "melodic death metal" is a good one either, to describe bands like In Flames or Arch Enemy. Earlier stuff like At the Gates has some death metal-ish guitaring, but a lot of this 'gothenburg' "death" metal seems to me to be basically thrash filtered through a more modern approach.

Oh, I drifted off topic. My point is basically that I think "death metal" is used in situations where it isn't really correct to me.

the thread starter used the term "power death". I don't know about you, but that's rather suggestive to me that he means "metal" would follow that.

Anyway I was aware that it was pretty off topic, I was just musing.

kalmah imperanon norther skyfire sinergy (kinda) unsilent phenomenon, dead of night, hatred, some wintersun, warmen, too many to list.

The first thing that came to my mind was Into Eternity. It is has elsements of the power metal vocals with a mix of death and power guitars....

High On Maiden said:
The phrase 'death metal' seems to be applied quite broadly in many cases. I think of death metal as quite a distinct approach by the guitars (and drums), which isn't really present at all in a lot of things which the term is used to describe.

For me there is nothing about Children of Bodom that is death metal, except for the drums but even they are just standard extreme metal.

But also, I don't think the term "melodic death metal" is a good one either, to describe bands like In Flames or Arch Enemy. Earlier stuff like At the Gates has some death metal-ish guitaring, but a lot of this 'gothenburg' "death" metal seems to me to be basically thrash filtered through a more modern approach.

Oh, I drifted off topic. My point is basically that I think "death metal" is used in situations where it isn't really correct to me.

you are a fucking idiot

Children Of Bodom is black metal / death metal

Death Metal has nothing to do with drums or guitars in my opinion- of course...they have to be fucking heavy, but its about the lyric--about every song children of bodom has made is about death hate or the murders at lake bodom

i believe Black Metal is the instrumental part of it--shredding guitars, fast music, fast drumbeats, and a keyboarder

unless you want to be a satanic black metal band then it is all about lyric

HateCrew666 said:
you are a fucking idiot

Children Of Bodom is black metal / death metal

Death Metal has nothing to do with drums or guitars in my opinion- of course...they have to be fucking heavy, but its about the lyric--about every song children of bodom has made is about death hate or the murders at lake bodom

i believe Black Metal is the instrumental part of it--shredding guitars, fast music, fast drumbeats, and a keyboarder

unless you want to be a satanic black metal band then it is all about lyric

quoted for preservation