Power Metal?

satans%20host%2002.jpg

fates+warning_awaken+the+guardian_front.jpg

HELSTAR+-+NOSFERATU.jpg

Griffin_-_Flight_Of_The_Griffin_-_Front.jpg

88_refuge_denied.jpg

Omen+Battle+Cry+front.jpg

Can we just agree Blind Guardian is the best power metal band ever plase? K THX BAI!
unless we're counting manilla road and virgin steele as power metal. BG are definitely tops.

Iron Savior, though, is incredibly catchy power/heavy metal. is this what Gamma Ray is like?

what about Labyrinth?

Iron Savior is similar to some Gamma Ray, definitely check out Land of the Free, Somewhere out in Space, Powerplant. Labyrinth is cool, super catchy, melodic. First three albums are cool, newer ones not so much.

I like Vision Divine, much more keyboard oriented than Labyrinth, Gamma Ray, etc. though. Check out "Stream of Consciousness" and "The Perfect Machine."

God I love Metalium.

metalium.jpg

Really though, I'm listening to Demons of Insanity for the first time in probably a couple of years, and eating a cheeseburger. Life couldn't be better :kickass: :loco:

I remember "Return To Heaven Denied" being the album that made me realize that all power metal of this ilk sounded exactly the same and that I wanted nothing more to do with it. And this was waaaayyyyy back in 2000 (you can probably find the actual original posts on the Savatage message board if anyone wants proof).

c'mon people, A Twist in the Myth is good, albeit not classic BG. the Dark Tower inspired Carry the Blessed Home is awesome. skalds and shadows is a great ballad in the BG tradition.

so impressed with this band. i will fully admit i prefer power metal BG over speed early speed metal BG. Nightfall being the best. and c'mon, Opera isnt bad, especially the last epic track

Battalions and Follow the Blind are bad ass but.....if I reach for BG its "Somewhere Far Beyond" YOUR REALITY!!!!!! Sorry i like that line alot.

"A computer video game is also planned based on Sonata Arctica characters and music. The name of the game will be Winterheart's Guild, like their album. The game will be developed by Zelian Games, and will be an Action-RPG in a style between Fallout and Diablo. Further details or a release date are not yet available, but a demo was shown at the Leipzig video game conference in 2006, featuring Henrik Klingenberg as the playable character. As of December 2006, the band began recording their fifth studio album."

I don't like them at all but that is interesting.

the band Rage. what would be considered their best, or are they one of those everything is of at least high quality bands?

the band Rage. what would be considered their best, or are they one of those everything is of at least high quality bands?

I'd say anything they released between 1988 and 1996 are better than just "good" albums. "Black in Mind" and "Trapped!" used to be my favourites.

thanks. what would be the best gamma ray albums? i love kai hansen stuff like helloween and especially iron savior

PowerPlant is good happy power metal. Land of THe Free is great. Just buy Blast From The Past. The two disc best of. That will give you a good fix of old stuff. To The Metal is good, i like it anyway. The new one has Micheal kiske singing the chorus on one of the song.

Iron Savior kicks ass. THey have some less then stellar albums but basic power metal usually has enough catchy melodies to keep your attetnion.