Power Metal?

Iron Savior is awesome. Straight up heavy metal. Unification is my favorite, and a good place to start with them as well I'd say. Sounds like (and has featured members of) Old Helloween, Running Wild, Stormwarrior, etc.

I love Iron Savior. But i also love Stormwarrior, Running Wild, and Helloween. Found Running WIlds old Ready For Boarding live album from 88 the other day. Nice little surprise. Anyway Iron Saviors Deadly Sleep, Riding on Fire, and Touching THe Rainbow are my favs.

Kamelot has a very operatic vocalist, Roy Kahn, and their music is very melodic and symphonic on the power metal spectrum. They are usually a love 'em or hate 'em type of band.

rhapsody is my fav flower power band...love power of the dragonflame/legendary tales the most...their latest wasnt any good and i think the only other cd i liked was symphony of enchanted lands 1 not 2

talk about gay. im listening to a band called Fairyland. pomp, bombast up the wazoo. it's pure homo-cheese, yet has an enjoyable touch. but damn, pure final fantasy worship music

Logar's Diary and Elvenking...two bands I don't really like myself but will still highly recomend to this thread.

ive heard of Elvenking. i know some in RC love their debut.

fairyland is fun, if a little faggalah. i havent heard rhapsody....yet

and yes, you need to hear Manilla Road. Gates of Fire is my fave, but Crystal Logic and Open the Gates are rightly considered classics.

I like Fairyland quite a bit, and Kamelots Fourth Legacy is awesome. Rhapsody almost is to much for me some times lol. ElvenKing has changed their sound alot to me anyway , use to be more folky but the singer sounded more like Flogging Molly. You guys finally have a thread i feel like i can contribute too pretty heavily lol.

Limb productions out of Germany released a bunch of stuff a couple years back that I really like. Cryonic Temple and Eldritch were nice little surpise purchases and Casus Beli was pretty good. But Dungeon from Australia i thought released the most consistently good albums. Resurrection was a great Helloween inspred power metal album. And the last couple Wizard albums i liked alot, but their one before Goochan was real raw but had a Manowar touch to it that i really liked.