Power Quest playing covers?

Cronopio

Glorious Imperator
Oct 16, 2003
Stockholm, Sweden
www.cronopio.se
As far as I know, the only recorded cover version PQ ever did was "Reckoning Day" (Megadeth) on Master Of Illusion, but are there any other songs (maybe played impromptu in a live setting) that I am not aware of? Would be cool to know.

Also, this might be a good place to discuss whatever songs you would have liked to see/hear the band cover. Not that the originals aren't enough, though. ;)

We did a version of "Bark at the Moon" live last February...the last show with Pete fronting the band, but other than that I don't recall us doing any covers live.

In the rehearsal room it's not unusual to hear a little bit of Journey, Toto and even Dream Theater being played by some of us :)

Again, would love to hear a recorded cover of Africa by Toto :D

We did a version of "Bark at the Moon" live last February...the last show with Pete fronting the band, but other than that I don't recall us doing any covers live.

I was there for this :headbang: there's a youtube vid which is amazing quality:

that Joiners venue in Southampton is very... intimate :lol: I came away with tinnitus that night. The first of 3 'support acts' being a school death metal band (One of their mums was in the audience singing along haha i couldn't understand a word), and the Fire alarm going off half way through couldn't have helped :p

Last edited by a moderator:
that Joiners venue in Southampton is very... intimate :lol: I came away with tinnitus that night. The first of 3 'support acts' being a school death metal band (One of their mums was in the audience singing along haha i couldn't understand a word), and the Fire alarm going off half way through couldn't have helped :p

I distinctly remember going on stage half deaf that night!

Ha ha, I'd forgotten about that fire alarm at the Joiners, It's almost ringing in my ears again now!

Great fun playing "Bark at the Moon".

Remember loving that video, it's a great cover :headbang: I think there was a discussion about which song fans would like to hear PQ cover possibly for BA but Steve's gone for including as much new material in as possible and that's just as awesome. Covers can go either way and I'd probably prefer to hear original PQ stuff but hey there's always the option to go the (F)Arthemis, Helloween, HammerFall, etc route and just have a release full of covers?