Power Quest playing covers?

In my opinion, a Power Metal band which is generally melodic/symphonic covering a thrashy song from reign in blood would be pretty ugly. Just imagine PQ covering Angel of Death...oh boy.

I would be more excited to hear PQ covering Through the fire and flames by DragonForce
i just hate old music dude. it makes me feel old y'know lol?

:guh:

I think this is an attitude that changes with age, experience, musical knowledge. It's the equivalent of a teenager thinking Blink 182 were the bee's knees up until they really hear, not just passively listen, but really 'get' Pink Floyd or Led Zep or some other classic rock giant for the first time. Like a musical awakening. It doesn't mean that old always = good...only that you develop a completely new appreciation for how that old, classic stuff is timeless, how much influence it had and how much depth there is to what makes it so landmark.

:guh:

I think this is an attitude that changes with age, experience, musical knowledge. It's the equivalent of a teenager thinking Blink 182 were the bee's knees up until they really hear, not just passively listen, but really 'get' Pink Floyd or Led Zep or some other classic rock giant for the first time. Like a musical awakening. It doesn't mean that old always = good...only that you develop a completely new appreciation for how that old, classic stuff is timeless, how much influence it had and how much depth there is to what makes it so landmark.
ooooooooooooo really man? pink floyd and led zep were that great? to be honest, i've never heard ANY song from them cos I thought that they suck cos they are from many years ago.

do you know of some good song by them that I can check out dude?

You haven't lived if you haven't checked out Pink Floyd.......it's all about the albums....you have to listen to "Dark side of the Moon" as a whole thing rather than just one song from it.

Also check out "Meddle", another great PF album

Led Zeppelin....so many great songs.....check out "immigrant song" for starters!

Haha seriously no offense dude, but if you haven't even heard some Floyd or Zeppelin, you shouldn't even think of disrespecting classic or "old" rock music.

Oh, and speaking of covers: If Power Quest would actually cover "Through the Fire and the Flames", I would love for them to do it somewhat in this fashion:

Last edited by a moderator:
These bands mentioned laid down the foundations to the music that you listen to today... you may not like the music but you should at least respect their work and contributions.

I certainly wouldn't be playing music if it wasn't for bands like Queen that's for sure!

I suspect Noam was being sarcastic but it sort of backfired because people readily accept the possibility that he hasn't listened to the greats. You can disregard whatever music you like, of course, but I personally think it's more than a little ignorant to not look back on what the music you love today is built on...mortals who stand on the shoulders of giants.

I suspect Noam was being sarcastic but it sort of backfired because people readily accept the possibility that he hasn't listened to the greats. You can disregard whatever music you like, of course, but I personally think it's more than a little ignorant to not look back on what the music you love today is built on...mortals who stand on the shoulders of giants.
No. I was not being sarcastic at all.