PP2010 Wish List

Ok, first post for me.

Pure Reason Revolution
In Mourning ( very good band from Sweden )
Kalisia ( awesome prog death from France )
EmpYrios ( ABSOLUTELY!!!!!)
Indukti
Devin Townsend !!!!
Diablo Swing Orchestra
Guilt Machine ( the band is now formed by ONLY 4 members! )
Animations
Instant Suppression
Ghost Brigade
Xerath
Timecode Alpha ( !! Absolutely!)
Mind's Eye
Mindflow
FROST* (PLEASE!!!!!!)
Andromeda
Division By Zero
Overhead

Music with balls:

Between the Buried and Me (SWIM TO THE MOOOOON)
Textures
Fellsilent
Animals as Leaders
In Vain

Music with Matias Ia Eklund:
Freak Kitchen

Music wot consists of compressed noise & awesome:
Drumcorps (honestly, Friday night, in the basement, that guy could make those bored, set-in-their-ways metalheads DANCE.)

Don't know if they've been mentioned yet (woitek might have), but there's this very enjoyable polish band called Animations that would fit right in at Progpower, imo

They're streaming their entire new album at their myspace right now!

fyi: Their cd is out now.

Hello prog guys!
here's my wishlist:

Mind's Eye
TwinSpirits
Tomorrow's Eve
Andromeda

cheers

ladyb

Well, i had to cancel my trip this year. So i think i'll make another attempt for 2010.:) So if you don't mind i got some wishes :p

I see a couple of others have mentioned

TwinSpirits - Their album The Forbidden City is really great. I came across a video from their last tour which you can see

Appearance Of Nothing - Think they could do well and also surprise the PP audience. A video for you..

Nightingale - You know them...:)

Illusion Suite - Booked for PPUSA, but why not to PPEU:p

Vindictiv - A good band with a very good album in Ground Zero, so a band i'd like to see live. http://www.myspace.com/vindictivmusic

Mind Key - Italian band with a "Jorn Lande sounding" vocalist(which i find great). The album Pulse For A Graveheart¨is very pleasant listening.
http://www.myspace.com/mindkey

Royal Hunt - I guess Henk would like to see them as well at PPEU. "Collision Course" was only beaten by one album in my personal top 10 last year.

The Reasoning - A band from UK i just came across, sounds very good and laid back. Would be nice to have them over.
http://www.myspace.com/thereasoninguk

So, i leave it up to you to wish for the technical/experimental prog and i'll just wish for some "softer" prog/melodic bands. I think the festival need both kinds...or more.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think there are many bands to choose from, but these are the bands i like to see:
- Tomorrow's Eve,
- Devin Townsend,
- Dead Soul Tribe,
- Twisted into Form, nice band from Norway
- Spiral Architect, don't know if they are together still
- Shadow Gallery, but they don't play live very often
- Symphony X, maybe to big like stated before
- Indukti,
- Vanden Plas,
- Hourglass, great band from the US
- Prymary,
- Ghost Brigade, didn't came in 2008, maybe now?
- Katatonia,
- Mindflow,
- Pantommind,
- Leprous, but are already booked.......

Too many bands to make a short list, but we'll what comes to the list.

Twisted Into Form is the successor of Spiral Archiect, so booking SA would be rather impossible. :(

Absolutely and thoroughly agreed on this side. I'd also like to recommend Psycroptic

http://www.myspace.com/psycroptic

These guys have 2 things which make them excellent. First, they're a highly technical band. Second, they're a highly australian band, so they will be fun to party with.

I still absolutely want to see Darkane on progpower, though.

My wishes for '10:

Riverside (Waited too long to see them live)
Shadow Gallery (The start performing live, now!)
Mindflow
Parallaxe (Great instrumental prog stuff)
Guild Machine
Redemption
Symphony X
Wolverine

why not make a south-american friday complete with Mindflow and Deventter? The last Mindflow album was a blast, the new album 365 should be completed till autumn and the new Deventter is simply amazing!

and don't forget to check Shadow Gallery, René, now that they announced their very first concert @ Triton Power Cruise... :)