PPV Cheers and Jeers thread

ThXinc

Uber Metal
FOr those of you who went: Post yours

CHeers:
Glenn Harveston - The encore (curtain call) for him was great! Reason should be understood.
s5.gif

MandaX - For sharing her remaining beers and 'Pita pieces' with the Fairfield Post-show party folks ( nice collection of empties too )
Andy Frank - For involving those who could not get close to the stage (handicapped) and for taking the time to come to the most RoXor party at PPV answer questions and just being 'real'
Staff at Fairfield - for their unbridled patience with what can be, at times, a 'noisy' bunch of tennants. The beer run in the hurricane was much appreciated too!
Lady of the Oracle (Jax)- Her hard work and dedication do not go unnoticed.
barryintexas- I couldn't have asked for a cooler guy to travel with
Evil and DrumRman- For just being '\m/'. Sometimes Progpower isn't just about the bands.
s3.gif

Bear, angra1, metalrose, Jewels737, Dirk, scothey, 'Randy'- for at least making an impression I'll remember, most of you more.
s4.gif

JEERS:
Dominoes pizza- Despite having a monopoly on the advertising at Fairfiled, they couldn't fill an order or handle the amount of business that such an event creates. EXTREMELY long delays in just answering the phone.
Pizza K- For being a terrific substitute for corporate franchise failure
Dreamscape - For hogging the lobby computer when others obviously are interested in checking 'The Forum'
s5.gif
among other web transactions
ThXinc (me)- For not remembering or writing down many of those I met from the boards for the first time. Your user names elude me after much partying and little sleep my brothers and sisters. Oh, and dropping my own digital camera into a full foaming 16oz cup of GUiness!
s7.gif
Otherwise, I'd share my pics!
Delta airlines - I'm sure it could've been worse, but the hour+ delay getting home wasn't cool considering how beat down I was at this point.

MOre to come as memory returns....

Cheers - Too much to list.

Jeers - This guy caught one of Kamelot's drumsticks, and these two guys near him tackled him and took it from him, started laughing, and paraded around the floor with it in hand while going out of the room.

Brent

Cheers = EVERYTHING! I mean, come on, ProgPower USA :)

Jeers = The friggin numbnuts who grab 4, 5, 6 copies of sampler CDs making it so people have to babysit the front table to make sure all the attendees get their well deserved and owed copies. Grrr....

<b>Cheers to:</b>

EVERY SINGLE PERSON ON THIS BOARD for making me feel welcome.
To all the bands (Tad Morose, Adagio, Into Eternity) who partied with us at the Fairfield inn.
To all who gave me beers/ drinks.
Shaye for NOT stealing my mascara.

<b>Jeers to</b>
The asshole in the crowd who kept pushing everyone in the crowd during Savatage.

-MetalRose

Hey Deron, i will babysit the table next year with a Baseball Bat if you would like. There were some people there who's heads i wanted to crack.

Also - Another Jeer -

Nothing against national pride, but it is really rediculious to bring a flag from your country and hold it up in the air during a set so that the people behind you can't see. Wear the flag on your shirt or something. Get a tattoo. But don't keep others from seeing or taking pictures.

Brent

In the future if you spot anyone causing trouble, or like the Kamelot drumstick issue, definitely report it to security. Stuff like that won't be tolerated when it goes over the line.

Actually Glenn was right there, we told him and he told the guy to chill out and that was the end of it. I was half tempted to lay his ass out after the show, but alas it was not worth it.

I have no idea what color shirt he was in, and yes, I think he was trying to get in to look at my cleavage.

"Ride me hard and put me away wet." LOL.

-MetalRose

Cheers to the whole friggin weekend!!!!
Cheers to Eric from Timeline for the awesome demo cd and for just being cool. See ya around the bay.
Cheers to the guy at the desk at the Granada. (dont know his name)

Jeers to the people sitting by me during WoMD, who kept laughing at John Oliva.
Jeers to my digital camera for running out of space.

Cheers: Everything already mentioned, plus all the bands who hung out by the bars and chatted. I noticed Dreamscape, Brainstorm and Into Eternity out there a lot.
Chris Caffery for chatting with my wife and I on the street (although I'm sure he would have chatted must less if my wife wasn't there)
Putting the merchants in the restaurant
The B/W Grenada for upgrading us to an Apartment room!
Charlie G's pub down the street for decent sandwiches.
The people we met, all of whom were very cool.

Jeers: People smoking inside the auditorium
The restaurant still sucked. It took us 1/2 hour to get a hamburger.
The T-shirt vendors outside the auditorium for not have shirts from bands that played both night, both nights. (My wife wanted a Kamelot T, but they didn't have them the second night.)

Cheers to all the ppl I met and to all the bands!, it was truely a special weekend and one I will not Forget!

Jeers hmmm to Getting Lost at the airport in Jersey and Missing Into Eternity as a result :(

Cheers to Glenn & the crew for such a well run show, as always..
Cheers to MandaX for being my limo driver all weekend (love ya, chica!)..
Cheers to Front Page News for welcoming about 40 SymX fans who descended on their restaurant at lunchtime on Saturday, & for letting us play some tunes during lunch..

Jeers to United Airlines for not letting me change my flight plans cuz they had "no documentation that Ivan posed a threat to Atlanta", yet I ended up delayed by a day thanks to it..
Jeers to Houlihan's for not having a back-up opener, & letting the aforementioned SymX fans sit outside for half an hour before letting us know they wouldn't be opening..

And thank you for the props, Tay *hugs* :)

Cheers (again) to the Fairfield for their staff and thier patience in dealing with us and our late night(ALL NIGHT) parties and constant food and beer runs.We are not exactly the neatest group in the world...lol
Cheers AGAIN to Glenn for putting together another top notch show top to bottom
Cheers to all the new friends i made... its a great community overall
Jeers to smoking in the venue at all... im sorry it made it VERY hard to breathe at all inside
Jeers to staff at Vinyl.... sorry nice peeps but they always seem to under estimate the amount of help they need in the kitchen.
Jeers to Earthlink Live for not fixing the stairway lisghting issue... they desperatly need glow tape or stairway lighting...

I agree on the stairs, I'm a nervous wreck sometimes coming down from the top during lights out! "Oh God watch out, I hope I don't fall, oh man people will never forget that! Don't fall... whoa....whew...." Also agree they need more people in the kitchen next time. I passed on waiting for 30 minutes for a burger and fries.