PPV Cheers and Jeers thread

Cheers: Steve "Doc Killdrums" Wacholz for breakfast down in the breakfast room in the Granada
Timo Kotipelto: For having breakfast with me on Sunday and reminding me that my waffle was getting cold because I was too busy talking to him to eat.
Heather Smith: Publicist for Century Media (she was the lady at the CM booth)
Edguy: For letting me in their dressing room to hang out after the show
Rob Rock: For being a gentleman and letting me sit down in catering to eat when he didn't have to. Whatta guy

Cheers

Everyone who played any part in putting this show on. Espically Mr. H himself.

Ben for putting up with me. He obviously knows more about metal than I do and I asked him a lot of what was probably really stupid questions. Thanks for the tolerance.

The two guys who payed for my two extra gold badges. That money payed for some really nice CDs.

All the muscians who came out and hanged with us fans. Thanks for every last picture, signature, and hand shake. This show wouldn't be half of what it is if not for all of you being so freindly.

All the free booze. Thanks guys, I was more than happy to help you get rid of it.

Jeers

The cop seeing me trying to sell my Goldbadges and asking me to move about 1500 feet away from the venue.

My sister and freinds copping out on me. I ended up selling those badges they stuck me with at a loss of about 130 bucks. I could have gotten about 10 cds with that.

The venue being so dark and everyone looking like they were in a band. It was hard at times to know who was who, as everyone could have been the lead bass player for a band under those lighting conditions. I didn't want a repeat of last year where I got drunk and in a state of confusion thoght it would be awesome to ask Mercenary if they were Secret Sphere. If you aren't 100% sure a bands name you should call them the wrong one to be cute and funny, right? Yeah, I got a door in my face, but I got lucky and they realized I was just being stupid and let me hang with them a little and later ate breakfast with them the next day. However, I didn't want to press my luck this year so I ended up not talking to as many people as I wanted to in fear of insulting someone by mistake.

Ivan, for making drive strait through you.

Me drinking all the free booze. At some point in the night I got so juiced up I thought I needed to order some chinese food. I ate it the second it got there and it was burning hot. It has been two days and I'm just now getting feeling back in my tung.

Being able to get sick. Not only was I slightly hung over sunday with a scrotched mouth, I also had a sore throat. What an awesome trip home that made for.

Not being rich. Man the things I'd liked to had money to buy.

Oh yes,

Cheers to the Fairfield in for their KILLER service. On Thursday, they started handing towels to EVERYONE that walked in the door. They didn't ask if we belonged there or not... they just kept handing them out. And also for the great housekeeping. They came when we were sleeping, then came back again after we were awake! That's Service.

Jeers to all of you for not finding me later and doing birthday shots! ;-P

Cheers to Gus of Adaijo for doing the "french" kiss each time I saw him. A kiss on each cheek.

Jeers to my cell phone service for thinking it would be funny to shut my cell phone service off for a $5 late fee I owed. Literally almost leaving me stranded in Atlanta.

Cheers for something to look forward to next year!

Cheers to meeting all of you.

-MetalRose

Cheers to:

Glenn
The bands
The crowd (mostly)
The vendors.
The hot bartender for putting up with metal nerds' lame-ass flirting while she's trying to work.
Shaye and Britt for remembering me from PPUSAIII

Jeers:
ELL, for the #(&$@#*&$ dark stairs.
ELL Staff for not pointing out that you didn't have to wait in the mile-long line on Friday if you weren't planning on drinking.
The douchebags behind us that tried to start an Edguy chant during POS' final song.
Ivan and job situations that turned a one-week relaxed cross-country parry/road-trip into a 3-day rush-job mad-dash from Chicago to ATL and back.

- R

Cheers:

- Everything that's been said so far, especially to Glenn and his crew and the bands and the Fairfield. Couldn't have asked for a better weekend.

- Atlanta, for being a really cool fucking town. I visited with a bunch of local friends and they all have me almost convinced to move up there immediately. We'll see how the husband's job search goes...who knows? I might be Glenn's neighbor soon! ;)

Jeers:

- The dark stairs

- The people who kept sitting in the aisle. Yes, some of them were band members, and I don't blame them for trying to find a place to sit together. That's fine. They were all very patient with me while I ran back and forth getting photos. But sitting on the stairwell is a fire hazard and a break-your-neck hazard. At least sit closer to the seats instead of against the half-wall, so I can use the handrail and not your shoulders as I try to steady myself!

- Me, for being way too shy to ask for autographs or talk to any of the band members (although after five walk-bys, I finally said hello to Urban Breed and got all tongue-tied, which is exactly why I don't talk to band members!)

- Me, for FALLING ASLEEP during almost every set, and having to bail on Oliva's set. I swear it's not because I was bored! I was exhausted -- in the week before PP, I probably worked 120 hours, and Thursday night was an all-nighter. It all caught up to me as I sat in my chair at the venue. I was literally hallucinating from sleep deprivation. (Which, y'know, was kind of fun...) :)

- Whoever it was who let go a major stinkbomb on the floor just before PoS. Blech!!

Other than that, though, the show was freaking AWESOME.

Pixelherder said:
- Whoever it was who let go a major stinkbomb on the floor just before PoS. Blech!!

I forgot about that...there was something on the first night too, I think before Kamelot. They both smelled a bit of sulfur though. Were those actually stinkbombs, or was some poor soul having a deadly case of gas?

MetalRose said:
Oh yes,

Cheers to the Fairfield in for their KILLER service. On Thursday, they started handing towels to EVERYONE that walked in the door. They didn't ask if we belonged there or not... they just kept handing them out. And also for the great housekeeping. They came when we were sleeping, then came back again after we were awake! That's Service.
They never quite had the time to clean our suite, but at least they were free with the towels :)

Jeers to all of you for not finding me later and doing birthday shots! ;-P
You coulda reminded me! Not that I drink, o'course, but I coulda bought you something. :erk:

Cheers to Gus of Adaijo for doing the "french" kiss each time I saw him. A kiss on each cheek.
I didn't get THAT treatment (golly, can't imagine why), but deferred cheers to Gus for sending me a really nice email earlier today, thanking me for being cool at ProgPower. Umm, no, HE was the cool one. Nice guy, fits in well with the rest of Adagio in that respect....

Jeers to my cell phone service for thinking it would be funny to shut my cell phone service off for a $5 late fee I owed. Literally almost leaving me stranded in Atlanta.
Who are you with? I wish I had a daughter so I could forbid her from using them. :tickled:

Cheers to meeting all of you.
Definitely! Cheers to the other 1200 members of our extended family who were PPUSA V. --Or so it seems on Saturday night, when the crowds are gone and you realize "shit, it's over for another year." :yell: :headbang: :worship:

Cheers!
To Glenn for simply being the man, and a long time friend. May you have infinite success and happiness forever.
To Glenn's Crew....ya'll rock and are the sexiest crew I've ever seen!! Thanks for help Glenn make it look sooo easy! YOu guys deserve free drinks for life!
To the NoVA Crew who made Scott feel so welcome on Thurs nite at Vinyl. Ya'll ain't right..but we love ya to pieces!
To all my crazy insane friends who I could not wait to see yet again and who forgave me for getting a life and damn near dropping off the face of the net. I can't even try to list you...not enough server space for that..but ya'll know who ya are! I love yall!!!!
To Chris from Ion Vein for the handprint on my ass ;) Find that fingernail yet?
To NickVanDyke: One of the classiest guys I know...ya made me cry with those very kind words! I think for that yer getting redeemed and into Heaven. I'll run cover for ya anyday my friend!
To the Residence Inn for letting us slide in at the last minute and being a wonderful hotel. Very good breakfasts!
To Starbucks..for being steps from our hotel and for the Caffe Vanilla Frapps and Quad Shot Mocha breve's. Without them we could NOT have kept going.
The security guards at Earthlink...ya'll are too funny! Thanks for the great convo on the steps of the venue!
To mah Boo Alicia..for telling me I looked fabulous!
To Ken Golden for taking our money and letting me get my usual hugs and smooches! Thanks for the recommends..so far so good!
To Kez - for sharing the ride down with us!
To my Scott...for being the man and handling the 10 hour drive each way from DC to Atlanta. Er excuse me...Glennlanta ;) That's a helluva drive..especially when you can't see 6 ft in front of you from Ivan.

Jeers :(

To Ivan...who the hell invited him and gave him a Gold Badge?
To The Quiznos for being closed on the weekends.
Those who whine about not liking all 10 bands....deal with it! It's ProgPower not *insert name here fest*
To Time: for it being way too short and this being over way too soon. I think this needs to be a longer event just to catch up with folks! Hell...let's just make a ProgPower Commune! We can live like this all the time!
To the truck...for breaking down today and stranding me at home.

That's all I can think of now....I'm braindead..more than usual

Coldie

Cheers:
~ The sampler cd that has quite a few awesome songs this year!
~ Having the vendors in the restaurant instead of in the lobby!
~ Having my reservations at the Fairfield for the first time and getting to party with everyone until the wee hours of the morn!
~ All the awesome metalheads that are so damn cool and generous!
~ The awesome patio on the 2nd floor of the Fairfield that was perfect for our late-night parties!
~ The alcohol that flowed like water.
~ Gus from Adagio being ultra-nice and charming.
~ Andy from Brainstorm (and all the guys in the band) so being so vocal about their appreciation for their fans.
~ The smokin-hot male bartenders, both in the Vinyl & the Earthlink!
~ Pain of Salvation, Brainstorm, Edguy, Tad Morose, Dreamscape, & Adagio for the awesome performances!! Heck, all the bands were great!
~ The attendant in the Ladies room - I'm always SO thankful that she is there every year! The restroom would be hell without her to keep it clean and stocked! It's also awesome that she brings tons of necessities like hairspray, contact solution, and other things that come in handy throughout the day! She rocks!
~ All the hot Scandanavian eye-candy men with long-hair and cool clothes! Thanks a million!
~ GLENN! GLENN GLENN GLENN! GLENN GLENN GLENN! GLENN! GLENN! GLENN!
~ The awesome guy outside the venue on Saturday who works for a distribution company and hooked up my boyfriend and I with 10 brand new CDs - most of them full-length and a few of them not even released yet!
~ Meeting Gus in the elevator twice, becoming pals with him for the weekend, and geting an awesome picture on Saturday night!
~ Riding to the pre-party in the Fairfield shuttle with the guys from Brainstorm.
~ Hanging out with the Tad Morose guys out front of the hotel as we were all leaving together. My boyfriend finally digging a drumhead out of his car to have signed.
~ Meeting Timo on the bench outside the hotel and having a nice decent converstaion with him. Great guy!!
~ Constantly getting asked if my boyfriend or I are in one of the bands - especially by the bands that played!!

Jeers:
~ THE STAIRS! THE STAIRS! THE STAIRS! I thought we had a great idea after last year to have glow in the dark tape on the steps. That way we don't knock out our front teeth and the Earthlink doesn't have to spend a fortune on little lights that would interfere with the show for the people in the seats.
~ The jerk that started chanting "EDGUY! EDGUY!" during Pain of Salvation's set. I wanted to bust his chops so bad, I just wish I saw who he was! Selfish jerk!
~ The AWFUL sound mix during Adagio & Wuthering Heights! I felt so bad for the bands (particularly Adagio) because I know they were so excited to play and wanted to make a good impression. GRRR! I had to restrain myself from chewing the guy's ass profusely!
~ Having my hotel be $20/night MORE than what I was quoted.
~ Getting lost in the ghetto-side of downtown Atlanta just an hour before the show.
~ Not having enough money to eat very well.
~ Driving/traveling for 19 hours to get there, 20 hours to get home, going IMMEDIATELY to work for a whole day with no sleep or a change of clothes.
~ Not getting maid service until Saurday afternoon!! They came by so early that we asked to come back a bit later on Friday but they never did. Apparently the manager came around and asked if we needed anything because the staff had gone home early that day. My roommate just asked for some towels and called it good, but we really could have used the cleaning! Eeek!
~ Still waiting on the Gold Badge list.
~ Missing Midnight @ 6am because we had to leave so early in the morning (to make it back for work on Monday just to get bitched at by the boss for being a half-hour late)

I have a million more Cheers, and most of the jeers above are just dumb things that can be written off as "sh*t happens" ... ProgPower is the greatest experience of the year and is always worth it!! New experiences, new friends, new music, familiar faces, and lots of fun is what I get from it every year! For that, the jeers practically vanish!

Just think, ProgPower VI is less than a year away!

Tammy Z

Wow, where to start? Cheers to:
Glenn (duh!)
The bands (duh x 2!)
The crew (triple duh!)
The Fairfield--I'll be staying there next year!
Daniel Gildenlow for letting me get a pic with him when he was trying to check out Sunday
All the gorgeous and very cool men (and all the ladies, who make me feel like I have camrades (MetalRooooose! :))
Everyone I already knew and everyone I met, for being utterly cool and helping me have a great time despite being sick. It's been a rough year, and I pretty much forgot all my problems for about 4 days. You guys are so METAL!

Jeers to:
The fatass who was all over everyone during 'Tage, then denied it, then threatened us
Definitely the stinky person! Get some Bean-O, man!
Ivan for making everyone late

That's pretty much it--this ProgPower pretty much ruled. See you guys in a year--I don't think I'd survive for long if we started a ProgPower commune. :)

Cheers:
- To Ben, Noah, Yan, Steen, and Jonah for letting me hang out with them all weekend and putting up with me!
- To Ben for not killing us - even though we rode him hard all weekend.
- To the Fairfield for not killing the party and doing a great job!
- To Glenn for putting on the best show in America!
- To all the bands that played and hung out with everyone.
- Airtran for getting me there on Thursday.

Jeers:
- To the Fairfield for charging me $10 too much per night.
- To the smokers smoking inside the venue. I thought I remember the previous years being in the hallway only.
- The stairs of doom.
- To Ivan for making me miss the pre-show.
- To Glenn for not making this a week long event! :p (j/k)
- To the vendors making me spend too much money.
- Having to wait a whole year for the next event!

I, of course, agree with the many others that have typed before me. Just wanted to add my own to the list (warning this is long! lol)...

Cheers:

~To Patrick (Doc Metal) and Jaime for making it possible for me to be there in the first place.
~To Glen for all he is and does. You are da MAN!
~To my wonderful husband for not being an ass about me going solo, and for putting up with me talking non-stop about it since being back.
~To Midnight for letting me sing with him when the sun was coming up. :headbang: 'nuff said!
~To My Roomies and all the other ladies I had the fortune to spend time with. You all have given me renewed hope that not all women are F'd in the head! Shout outs to Jaime, Tracie, Kim, Beth, Alina, Alicia, Teri, Christina and of course Metal Rose :D
~To Tony (WarmWetOs). Good lord, where to begin? I'm always amazed at your sincerity, great taste and the knack you have for creating fun times. You rock my brutha!
~To Ben for playing FWX. My ass was planted, and yes! You would've had to pry it from my cold dead fingers. :worship:
~To Vish for not kicking my ass or schloggin me with beer after the elevator "incident". :D
~To Bear for the Bear hugs and for cracking me up every damn time I saw you.
~To Aki for simply being there, and for being such a sweetheart :)
~To Ralf and Kez for never knowing what to expect...
~To Zilla for being the MCee God and for asking if I'd like to taste his sour balls. o_O
~To Matt Moliti for many moments of great conversation and giving me a copy of his work. Thoroughly enjoying it!
~To Dreamscape for being Dreamscape, and for inspiring Winds of Change with Infected Ground
~To Maria, the hot bartender for, well, being hot without being conceited and for taking every compliment I gave her with style and grace. I would still go gay for her...
~To the other hot bartender for introducing Tracie & I to the perfect shot/beer mix, and for having the coolest American Bull Dog I've ever seen.
~To Adagio for being so much fun to hang with and for taking riding in the back of a truck in the rain with no complaints. Frankh for digging Star Wars (almost) as much as me, Kev for talking keys with me and Gus for singing Steve Perry and Fates Warning with me whenever we had the chance! A special cheers to Gus for putting on such a great performance, even with the Technical difficulties, you kicked my ass!
~To Smiley from Prymary & Redemption for buying me that shot and telling me that I kick his ass. We're gonna have to agree to disagree, there, buddy :D
~To Rob from IE for being one of the nicest guys I spent time with all weekend. Enjoyed walking & talking with you and generally acting silly. 4th floor smoke before the Midnight set kicked ASS!!
~To Troy from IE for having the balls to pull of an Adam Sander-esk type song after Midnight, and for being freaking hysterical all weekend. You supplied us all with many, many laughs and we thank you!
~My Seismic buddies for all being actually cooler in person than in the chat. I didn't think that would be possible, but you all proved me wrong. I'm not even gonna try to list everyone individually because I know I'll inadvertently leave someone out, and that would SUCK!!
~To John for still being kick ass after not seeing you in 14 years. Still can't believe we ran into each other at this of all places! (one of my 2 most memorable experiences of the weekend) And for having one of the coolest license plates in all of California!
~To Gonzo for asking to carry my bag at the airport. A true gentleman :)
~And last cheer to the pilot of my plane for keeping us from death, even with the lightning strike and having to take off again at 500 feet during our 1st landing attempt. How he kept his composure is beyond me.

Jeers:

~To EL for the goddamn stairs and for not having a smoking area separate from the main. Mind you, this is coming from a smoker...
~To Kamelot for not having their female vocalist on stage for more time. Jeezuz with three, count that THREE, costume changes, she deserved more. And I couldn't even hear her!
~To the female vocalist from Kamelot on her clothes choice. Too much like Tarja on the white, too much like Malificent on the black.
~To myself for forgetting my camera and for not remembering everyone in this post!

*whew!* Okay I think I'm done now... :)

Cheers:
~Glenn for always putting on such an awesome show
~all the bands for being so cool and approachable
~all the fans for being so cool and fun to hang out with
~Grenada for always taking great care of us when we come down!
~The male bartender at the same bar with the famous girl bartender. He was great! Remembered our drinks every time, very friendly and funny! AND he makes lethal margaritas!
~ditto what everyone else has said here

Jeers:
~The filming guy on the right side of the stage (right as you're looking from the crowd). He blocked the keyboard guy from WH totally and got quite in the way many times. The other filming guy did a great job of staying / moving out of the way if any of the musicians were coming near him.
~Not having shirts from all of the bands available both days.
~The bartender at Vinyl for being rude when you are ordering a drink. I mean, you're a bartender, you should expect that people will be ordering drinks.
~Vinyl for not being able to handle the food orders again this year. Last year they said they had no idea what to expect and that they would be more prepared this year.
~The CD Vendors for not bring more of the bands that were playing. 3 of the bands my husband and I wanted to buy stuff from were completely sold out.

MetalAges said:
Cheers = EVERYTHING! I mean, come on, ProgPower USA :)

Jeers = The friggin numbnuts who grab 4, 5, 6 copies of sampler CDs making it so people have to babysit the front table to make sure all the attendees get their well deserved and owed copies. Grrr....
that really pisses me off, I couldn't fly in till saturday so I didn't get a copy of the CD. I'm going to bid on everyone that comes up on Ebay and then leave negative feedback for the pricks selling multiple copies.:heh:

~The filming guy on the right side of the stage (right as you're looking from the crowd). He blocked the keyboard guy from WH totally and got quite in the way many times. The other filming guy did a great job of staying / moving out of the way if any of the musicians were coming near him.
Yeah, I thought those camera guys were pretty intrusive. I noticed they weren't on stage at all during PoS though, wonder what that was about. I guess maybe the PoS guys didn't want them in their face or getting in the way.

lady_space said:
I almost forgot—One final jeer!

To all the women whose derrieres are too precious to touch the seat and whose hands are too precious to clean up their messes!

Umm, I think I'm gonna be ill. :puke:

(Whew, finally got a chance to use that smiley)

Yeah, that stage-left (audience-right) guy doing the filming was pretty damned annoying and yep, I noticed the same thing during Wuthering Heights' set. I'd been unable to get any decent pics of the keyboard player ("Duran Duran dude") from the camera pit and I try to get at least a few photos of every band member individually, so after "three-song-thirty" I exited out the right side. And of course, Camera Dude was blocking the view. He makes a poor window. :erk:

Cheers
1. Glenn H. the man, the myth, the multi-millionaire...ok so that later is probably not true but I know that just about everyone that went to the show can atest that this would have never been possible without your vision and dedication to bring us the most kick ass show in the world!!!

2. Adagio - you guys were the coolest and most down to earth people I have met. I could not believe how sincere everyone was. Gus for being an amazing guy and a hell of a vocalist, I wish you nothing but the best my man from Brazil...don't forget my porno shirt!! Stephan for being one if not the best guitarist around and also for hanging with me and your fans...please don't get lost again or you might be doing a show in some bar in Atlanta! Kevin a true master of the keys, Erick no more whiskey for you man , Franck, the bass-monster...you rock bro!!!

3. Paul $man Pellaz - thank you for the crash space my friend and our annual trip to the Waffle House, thank you for the hotel room and most of all thanks for just being a cool dude even if you like some weird bands. :p

4. Ben(mech) for errr well not being an asshole? Just kidding man, you rock! Justin(mosquito) thanks for the cd's bro, I owe you...now get my damn pictures to me!!! Aki for just being Aki, next year I want some Finnish jam as well!!! All the rest of the roomies in our hotel room. Doc Metal for well just being the Doc, man and I thought I could drink...you kick my ass.

5. The Seismic Radio crew, way too many too list but you all know who you are.

6. Shawn (DJ ZH)...can't wait for your film debut man, don' forget to cast me as an extra or something, I work for beer!

7. My friend Beth, I am glad we finally met girl...things will work out just give them time hon.

8. Colleen Gray (CG) for that soothing voice, great smile and just making me feel all warm and fuzzy. You da WOMEN now get on our radio show damn it!!!

9. Todd (DJ Perpet) for being the coolest dude despite not able to go to PP...I swear Todd next year we will have to drag you there man! You rock!!!

10. Smiley Sean, one of the most down-to-earth guys you will ever meet and hardest working stage crew hand, not to mention a kick ass keyboardist for some kick ass bands (Prymary/Redemption)

11. Nick from Redemption for being a cool dude...I hope that offer to sing on the next album is available...I sound like a dying cow which would make for an awesome effect!

12. Metal Rose the girl with a set of brass balls...OMG you had me in stitches you little potty mouth!!!

13. Traci for being a cool person even if I kept calling you Terry...err what is your name again?

14. Jon Oliva for being the coolest dude on the face of the earth and offering me drinks and telling us one of the funiest stories i have ever heard. We're not worthy!!!

15. Alina (Squeek) for the great photos, sorry we couldn't hang out a lot. You and the IE guys rock!!!

16. There so many people that my brain is fried and I am sorry if I missed anyone, you all were great!!! Same time next year!!!

JEERS

1. Way too short

2. Saying good-byes

3. Sleep deprevation

Other then that not much else!!!!

Cheers, Tony

warmwetos said:
Cheers
3. Paul $man Pellaz - thank you for the crash space my friend and our annual trip to the Waffle House, thank you for the hotel room and most of all thanks for just being a cool dude even if you like some weird bands. :p
Grrrr, grumble, growl-- oh, wait. I was gonna ask which bands you meant but....Nevermind. :tickled:

10. Smiley Sean, one of the most down-to-earth guys you will ever meet and hardest working stage crew hand, not to mention a kick ass keyboardist for some kick ass bands (Prymary/Redemption)
HELL yeah! Chatted with 'Smiley' (and a more accurate monicker would be hard to find for 'im) backstage as things were winding down...what a nice guy!

14. Jon Oliva for being the coolest dude on the face of the earth and offering me drinks and telling us one of the funiest stories i have ever heard. We're not worthy!!!
We weren't worthy, were we? (I'm still wondering why he seemed to recognize me from somewhere and jokingly called me "eeevil." We'd met before, but only after a couple of shows....)

I almost re-told Jon's funny story on WREKage last night.... I -did- relate the now-infamous "By the way, which one's Tad?" story on the air, though. :) (For those who are interested, go to "WREKage Radio" and listen to the archive, armed with the show playlist. We played at least 4 or 5 PP bands last night as well.)