PPV Cheers and Jeers thread

I have one question cuz I'm not quite sure although I read most of the postings in this thread. A lot of people mentioned that people smoked in the venue as jeer (understandably).
I'd like to ask whether they did this "illegally" and just weren't prevented from it, or if smoking in the venue was/is allowed? Both of which would be a big jeer for me, probably even a reason to not go. I mean, if smokers wanna smoke, fine with me, they can do that, but I do not want to be forced to smoke just because I want to see a show.

SavaHexe said:
I have one question cuz I'm not quite sure although I read most of the postings in this thread. A lot of people mentioned that people smoked in the venue as jeer (understandably).
I'd like to ask whether they did this "illegally" and just weren't prevented from it, or if smoking in the venue was/is allowed? Both of which would be a big jeer for me, probably even a reason to not go. I mean, if smokers wanna smoke, fine with me, they can do that, but I do not want to be forced to smoke just because I want to see a show.

As far as I know, smoking in the lobby was permited, smoking inside where the bands were was not. I could be wrong though.

-MetalRose

I need to verify my cheer previously posted. My number 1 cheer to Linda Jacobs for a great weekend and the fondest vacation memories. Linda you're the coolest!!

Yea smoking in the actual venue where the stage is isnt allowed. The lobby is ok to do it but its better to go outside. Get some fresh air while you smoke (thats an oxymoron if I ever saw one)

Ben

Cheer: ProgPower V!!!!!
Cheer: All the friends I made over the weekend.
Cheer: Glenn for having the balls to do this year after year!!

Jeer: Ivan for delaying my flight from Thurs to Friday making me miss the pre-Party!
Jeer: Bootleggers sneaking about the place (I swear if I catch 'em...)
Jeer: The end of ProgPower V.

...my cheers to...
glenn, it was nice meeting you :)
tess, for being so sweet and showing emily and i around and for all the inside scoops...;) and it was wonderful to finally meet annie too! :)
tara, for not getting annoyed with me when i kept tapping you on your shoulder during the shows and saying...don't forget to take a pic of the drummer, get the guitarist...get more of the drummer...etc...
...all the european eye candy walking around and playing on stage...o_O
...for the guys in the bands being so nice and appreciative of us...
...for meeting boob finally! (ummm...for some reason that doesn't look right)...;)
...mare and dave for saving us great seats...thank you :)
...joe it was great seeing you again...(o, and about that lek thing...i forgive you;) and jimbo, was nice meeting you also...:)
...for having just an awesome time!...:)

my jeers to...
...orbitz for screwing up our reservations....grrrrrr...
...for not hearing about pp until this year (i was out of the loop)...
...for not posting my pic so people would know who i am...
...not having locks on all the women's stalls in ell....
...ivan...
...wishing i had met more people from here...

~To Patrick (Doc Metal) and Jaime for making it possible for me to be there in the first place.
It was a genuine pleasure to meet you Colleen.... I'm just pissed I missed yer duet with Midnight.... If you get a copy of that let me know!!!! :headbang:

This was my first progpower and I have to admit it was everything that I was hoping for and more.. all the bands i wanted to see rocked.. Brainstorn completely was the shock of the whole evening for me... I couldnt believe how the fans got into them... Including the older gentlemen on the floor next to me singin every one of there songs.. that blew me away..... I was totally amazed of how many people were there from all over the US I met so many cool people.. I met a couple from California who had been to this event 3 yrs in a row... I thought that was awesome... But hey what can we say Us metal heads we are some deciated SOB's huh??? All the bands were so nice and I got my pic made with all 5 bands i went there to see.. and they all were sooooooo nice... and the highlight for me was gettin to see Savatage that was like a dream come true for me... and then meetin Jon and actually talkin to him about Sava and TSO... that was incredible... So basically to make a long story short I Had an BLAST and I cant wait till next year... now my next goal WAKEN!!!!!!!!! Take care all METAL RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Fiddler said:
Cheers - Agreement with y'all above!

Same thing for people parking their lazy asses on the aisle steps. The steps are lethal enough without any kind of lighting.
I know, I know, but honestly I sat on the steps as close to the aisle seat as possible and was turned so that I would be aware of anyone coming down from the top and didn't have any belongings (i.e. purse or cd haul) out where anybody could trip on it.

Wanna know what I keep in my purse (well too bad, I'm gonna share) a mini Mag Lite flashlight. Works wonders man! I'm gonna buy them by the case next year and sell them at the show (just kidding Glenn!!!!).

Layla's Dad said:
Yeah. Thanx Phil. I busted my ass going up the stairs Friday night with drinks in both hands.
We're you the guy who landed on my foot? I felt bad for you man, but look at it this way - you didn't lose your drinks!

powermetal2000 said:
Cheers to the whole friggin weekend!!!!
Cheers to Eric from Timeline for the awesome demo cd and for just being cool. See ya around the bay.
Cheers to the guy at the desk at the Granada. (dont know his name)

Jeers to the people sitting by me during WoMD, who kept laughing at John Oliva.
Jeers to my digital camera for running out of space.

It was cool hanging out with you as well.
See ya at our next show hopefully in the near future.
Please keep checking the web site for up-dates once in a while.
I never did meet the woman from seismic.
I'd like to send her a CD as well to play on the air.
Cheers!