Predictions?

I'm expecting stunning performances from Vanden Plas, Pagan's Mind, Primal Fear, Firewind, Virgin Steele
and Krucible. The others I'm sure will be awesome as well, but those are the ones I'm really getting
worked up about. As a matter of fact, I'm getting ready for a pre-ProgPower party right now. Here's
a prediction: I see a multitude of Heinekens in my near future :)

Cheers,

Neal

I believe, based on style and catalog, Primal Fear and Virgin Steele will get huge reactions. Mind you, neither band falls into my personal Top 25. However, I think both of these bands are built for ProgPower.

Virgin Steele will sell a ton of discs at ProgPower. I think they've been one of the best kept secrets in the genre, for a very long time. I also suspect, because the band doesn't usually get to see this size crowd on their home soil, they will be pumped and really deliver the goods.

Primal Fear is kind of an obvious pick. However, I think their performance will go over even better than most expect. Assuming their energy level is solid, they should slay.

What say you?

Zod
Yes and yes.

Ray better not be reading any lyrics! He damn sure should know the songs of the band he is in! I have been a fan of his since "No Exit" so if he disappoints, well......

Also, I have seen him live w/FW 6 times now, in more recent years, 3 times he has claimed to be "sick" or "under the weather" etc. I really hope this does NOT happen.

I predict a great number of extremely talented bands, kicking your ass over three days, be prepared, you will be whipped, tied, lashed, spanked and hairspun so much it will take an all star jam to get your energy back to just tired.

ALL of the bands on this ticket are here to have a great time and to do what they do best....kick your ass!

better eat your wheaties in the mornings, and stock up on the red bull!

:headbang:

I expect to have a blast at my first ProgPower, and for each band to completely destroy - especially Pagan's Mind, who I've wanted to see since I found out about them just before Celestial Entrance came out.

i saw them in the Bay Area in March of this year and while impressed with the band, I was not impressed with Alder. I've seen Fates Warning quite a few times and have always enjoyed his voice live... but to watch him with Redemption at that show was disappointing. There are quite a few on this board that were there and can confirm. He was bent over, reading lyrics off papers on the floor for probably 80-85% of the show... i'm not talking like the singer from Savage Circus last year who looked down occasionally, Ray was doing it almost constantly. And I was told by Bear that when he went to DT/IE/Redemption, he was doing it there also.

Wow. I failed to catch Redemption on this last tour with DT, but that's a real shame if Ray was as ill-prepared as you describe. Granted, I can imagine that Redemptions lyrics may be a pain in the ass to remember, but when it's your job... Hopefully they deliver the goods at PP, as they are one of the bands I am most interested in seeing.

I predict, that Center Stage will be breaking in a new waitress during ProgPower. She will speak broken English, and have a CS nameplate that says, "Hello, my name is Tarja." :D

DarkOne is absolutely right about VS. The older catalog is spotty at best.
Starting w/the Marriage albums forward though you cannot make a bad pick.
I've been a metal fan of most styles since the mid-70's and House of Atreus Act I is in my top 25 of ALL-TIME!
Dynamic, powerful, conceptual, great riffs w/wonderful keyboard interludes throughout. Atreus I
just about defines perfection when it comes to making a concept album.
Get it, imbibe and absorb it, and your world will seem a little better!

DarkOne is absolutely right about VS. The older catalog is spotty at best.
Starting w/the Marriage albums forward though you cannot make a bad pick.

The other Dark One agrees too, though I would absolutely add in Age of Consent as well (just as Steve did). The re-released version of that album (which is really the only one available today) has some of their very best tracks including "The Burning of Rome", "Lion in Winter" and "Perfect Mansions".

An oft-overlooked album in their catalogue that should not be missed if you're a fan.

Jason

Burning in Rome is a killer track, but Age still falls into that iffy vs. solid category for me. By no means a bad album though.

I think we're in for a lot of slaying this year! This is easily my favorite lineup since I've been going..

Vanden Plas will kill:kickass:, Redemption with kill:headbang:, Virgin Steele will kill:kickass:, Primal Fear will kill kill kill:headbang:, After Forever will kill kill kill kill:kickass:, Sonata Arctica will kill many many more:kickass::kickass:...

There will will only be two people alive by the end of the festivities....:lol:

sounds like a song off st anger :(

1. Huge applause by some
2. Huge indifference by some
3. Huge number of people looking at each other and saying "Who?"
4. Huge number of people second guessing my selections by asking "What the fuck was he thinking?"

Just how many people are we talking about here - because any statistician knows HUGE x HUGE = GINORMOUS. I therefore predict next years event will be held at the Georgia Dome.

Oh, and usually I'm one of the few, apparently, who goes "who? huh? every year over most of the bands... well, that's when I actually attend, which seems to be every leap year. Anyhow I love surprises, so I can't wait to hear more about this... and nope, I'm not that huge - yet.