General Zod

Ruler of Australia
May 1, 2001
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
So a few obvious ones...

Circus Maximus... awesome as always.

Pagan's Mind... flawless... as always.

Brainstorm... will lay the place to waste. It's Andy's venue... we're all just visitors.

Slightly less obvious...

Sabaton joins the ranks of Brainstorm, Tad Morose, Edguy and Angel Dust, and just destroys the place. Mind you, while I quite like Sabaton, I'm by no means a fan boy. However, I just think the quality of their live play and the anthem-like nature of their choruses will go over huge.

Royal Hunt & Matos will suffer "Rage Syndrome". After Sabaton blows the lid off the place, the Power Metal fans will slowly filter out. The combination of a great performance by Sabaton, back-to-back Prog bands, and a full Saturday to look forward to, will hurt attendance for the last two Friday acts. Fates will be hurt by "Rage Syndrome" as well, but being legends and the final band of the weekend, no where near to the extent of Royal Hunt & Matos.

Pagan Maximus and Mindcrime will make Wednesday the most fun night of the week. 500 drunks singing along with Mr. Salinas and every word of O:Mc will be a blast.

Final prediction... best ProgPower ever.

Zod

*Bonus Prediction... after Fates Warning, Glenn takes the mic and confesses that he's secretly sabotaged three Nevermore appearances and pinned it on them, because the voice of Jimmy Buffet, which he hears in his head when he drinks too much Strongbow, told him to.

Royal Hunt & Matos will suffer "Rage Syndrome". After Sabaton blows the lid off the place, the Power Metal fans will slowly filter out. The combination of a great performance by Sabaton, back-to-back Prog bands, and a full Saturday to look forward to, will hurt attendance for the last two Friday acts. Fates will be hurt by "Rage Syndrome" as well, but being legends and the final band of the weekend, no where near to the extent of Royal Hunt & Matos.

Great...more room for me up front. ;)

Royal Hunt & Matos will suffer "Rage Syndrome". After Sabaton blows the lid off the place, the Power Metal fans will slowly filter out. The combination of a great performance by Sabaton, back-to-back Prog bands, and a full Saturday to look forward to, will hurt attendance for the last two Friday acts.

ProgPower USA XI video announcement will follow the Matos set on Friday. :heh:

I'll go out on a limb and throw something out there (however highly unlikely it may be). I noticed the Jaxx website has Edguy scheduled for Sept 11th (Friday). Could it be that is the 'something special' being worked on for the Showcase?

Forgive me if this has been mentioned before.

Darren

I'll go out on a limb and throw something out there (however highly unlikely it may be). I noticed the Jaxx website has Edguy scheduled for Sept 11th (Friday). Could it be that is the 'something special' being worked on for the Showcase?

Forgive me if this has been mentioned before.

Darren

Absolutely not. As you can see below, in their full tour itinerary, they're not going to be available to come to Atlanta during the fest because they'll be playing shows elsewhere.

5 - The Opera House - Toronto, ON
6 - Club Soda - Montreal, QC
9 - The Blender Theater (at Gramercy) - New York, NY
11 - Jaxx - West Springfield, VA
12 - Peabody’s - Cleveland, OH
13 - The Pearl Room - Mokena, IL
15 - Station 4 - St. Paul, MN
16 - Royal Albert Arms - Winnipeg, MB
17 - The Riddell Center (at Univ. of Regina) - Regina, SK
19 - Starlite Room - Edmonton, AB
20 - Warehouse - Calgary, AB
21 - Plaza Club - Vancouver, BC
23 - Sugar Nightclub - Victoria, BC
24 - El Corazon - Seattle, WA
25 - Hawthorne Theater - Portland, OR
27 - Slims - San Francisco, CA
28 - Jumping Turtle - San Marcos, CA
29 - The Key Club - Hollywood, CA

Ah...I should have looked deeper for the rest of the tour dates. However that DOES still leave the 10th open...and since they don't need to bring anything besides guitars with them, it could work. Plane tickets are much cheaper from NY than Germany. Hey, if they're already here....why not? But, I see your point and know that it's just a fleeting theory in my head. I wish they were at Jaxx a week earlier/later so I could journey to see them. :mad:

Ah...I should have looked deeper for the rest of the tour dates. However that DOES still leave the 10th open...and since they don't need to bring anything besides guitars with them, it could work. Plane tickets are much cheaper from NY than Germany. Hey, if they're already here....why not? But, I see your point and know that it's just a fleeting theory in my head. I wish they were at Jaxx a week earlier/later so I could journey to see them. :mad:

True, I didn't notice that the 10th was still open. I still find it highly unlikely though. I just don't see the point. Then again, having Edguy on the bill could potentially increase ticket sales for the showcase night. We're talking about ProgPower, so surprises are always possible. We'll see what happens.

*Bonus Prediction... after Fates Warning, Glenn takes the mic and confesses that he's secretly sabotaged three Nevermore appearances and pinned it on them, because the voice of Jimmy Buffet, which he hears in his head when he drinks too much Strongbow, told him to.

Strongbow is some good shit, man.

True, I didn't notice that the 10th was still open. I still find it highly unlikely though. I just don't see the point. Then again, having Edguy on the bill could potentially increase ticket sales for the showcase night. We're talking about ProgPower, so surprises are always possible. We'll see what happens.

Most bands (with money) usually take a day off after their shows in NY so they can sightsee. I also find it highly unlikely.

I see in my crystal ball the obvious- CIRCUS MAXIMUS and PAGAN'S MIND will again rule the venue.

MINDCRIME on wednesday with the something special will be one to remember.

FUTURE"S END will be the hit of the Showcase and of the weekend.

Biggest surprises will be TOMORROW'S EVE, and DIABLO SWING ORCHESTRA

ROYAL HUNT will bring JOHN WEST, DC COOPER, and maybe HENRICK BROCKMANN on stage.

GENERAL ZOD will pass out from excitment, not only from this weekend, but from Glenn's next year announcement.

7th SAVIOUR will give all bands a 13/10 for their performance, except ORPHANED LAND who he doesn't quite get yet.