PREMIERE VIDEO FOR 'MY TWIN' COMPLETED

Blakkheim said:
hey calling all boy directors (especially born after 1985, but really prefered born 1990 and up, persons born before 1985 doesnt seem to really have what it takes) to shoot our new video. hence the complaints u all seem to sit on some incredible knowledge about doing a video. it's killer u speak up and let us know yer out there with all this experience. i mean, u wouldnt complain if it wasnt for that script/director/editor/knowledge u possess and is ready to offer yerselves, so thats truly a great opportunity and we cant wait to work with u...

:tickled:. KatatoniOWNED.

Blakkheim said:
hey calling all boy directors (especially born after 1985, but really prefered born 1990 and up, persons born before 1985 doesnt seem to really have what it takes) to shoot our new video. hence the complaints u all seem to sit on some incredible knowledge about doing a video. it's killer u speak up and let us know yer out there with all this experience. i mean, u wouldnt complain if it wasnt for that script/director/editor/knowledge u possess and is ready to offer yerselves, so thats truly a great opportunity and we cant wait to work with u...

But then again, in the end it tends to be a matter of taste whether you like a video or not, no matter how pro the script/director/editor-ism is. And still - No one here has seen the video, these are all typical online-expectations-thingies plus we know Katatonia as meisters of music not moving pictures...

jesus....this thread has gone to shit......people talking about making their own videos already......and others expecting the video to suck....and criticisms......

maybe some of you forget who we are dealing with here....this is Katatonia......not fucking Opeth.....or any other band you might think of....

All I know is that this video will be really close to, if not exactly what THEY want it to be......and that has never let me down.....Katatonia has integrity....no matter what... thay have integrity.....they are the ones who have put off the DVD for so long because they will only put out the best fucking thing they can.....not some neutered,watered-down shit that someone else thinks is cool.....they are true to themselves.....they always will be.......everything is worth the wait.....

So get fired up......this is going to be good because it is what they want to do.....they have never dissapointed me in doing what they want to do and I dont think they are going to start now....

Reece

Even though I bet I couldn't even turn a videocamera on I still think that the vid of The Grand conjuration ruined the whole thing around the song. I mean what's so satanic and occultic with some chick been pulled down a toilet??

Reece and you're right, I don't think Katatonia will mess this one. Damn. Should be February already. March even more.

if i'm not wrong, the title of this thread was " premiere video for 'my twin' completed " and not " opeth's video: 'the grand conjuration' " ?
but maybe i just can't read.

Deliverance6 said:
jesus....this thread has gone to shit......people talking about making their own videos already......and others expecting the video to suck....and criticisms......

maybe some of you forget who we are dealing with here....this is Katatonia......not fucking Opeth.....or any other band you might think of....

All I know is that this video will be really close to, if not exactly what THEY want it to be......and that has never let me down.....Katatonia has integrity....no matter what... thay have integrity.....they are the ones who have put off the DVD for so long because they will only put out the best fucking thing they can.....not some neutered,watered-down shit that someone else thinks is cool.....they are true to themselves.....they always will be.......everything is worth the wait.....

So get fired up......this is going to be good because it is what they want to do.....they have never dissapointed me in doing what they want to do and I dont think they are going to start now....

Reece

CHEERS TO YOU MAN, YOURE RIGHT...THIS GUYS ARE NOT ON SALE, KATATONIA ITS ONE OF A KIND ON THAT ASPECT.....JUST HEAR THE NEW ALBUM OF IN FLAMES (I KNOW ITS A DIFERENT TYPE OF MUSIC)...THEY FUCKING SUCK.

Are you kidding me? When My Twin comes out on iTunes Feb. 6th I'm buying it immediately, even though I'm buying the actual single the next week. Why fucking wait? Katatonia is too good.

You're missing out for a whole week if you don't buy it on iTunes.

And that means you're stupid.

-Vince

Holy crap, this is gonna be so good.
did you guys write the concept of the video story, or did the director interpret the song and write the storyboards? it looks like this director is a talented guy-

Haha, I just had a dream. In the dream Fredrik was my cousin so he had sent me an mpeg-file of the new video and I was like the first one to see it :hotjump: I watched it like 4am and called F. after the video to tell him what I though of it. He said he wanted to sleep and told me to piss off :tickled:
Shouldn't be reading stuff around this board just before going to sleep... sigh.

I actually don´t care that much about the video, I used to like videos and watch them in the 90´s, but then there were too many crappy videos and music on those musical channels that I stopped to watch them and I sporadically watch videos only on the net.
For me the music is more important than a video, what counts is that the songs on the album will be good!
I think this discussion about the Opeth video is just because this is an example of how an interpretation of a director can ruin a song...I mean everyone has his own images in mind while listening to a song and a bad video can influence you to that point that you could dislike the song because every time you listen to it it makes you think about the fucking video.

In any case I´m really curious to see how a Katatonia video could be...even if for me a video is more a commercial thing, so it´s good for them because maybe it could help to spread their music.
As for the artistic side..we will see, it would be nice to finally see a good and tastefull video (especially if it is from my fave band)