Priest or Maiden?

Which is better?

• Total voters
Painkiller is excellent - the problem lies with your ears, which are gay. Angel is pretty sweet as well. Jugulator is a steaming mess of shit.
:err: Listen to Metal Meltdown again. Painkiller has its moments, but there's not really that much underneath. Also, what the hell's with people calling stuff gay but never really explaining why they think the way they do? Methinks it's because they haven't even really put in an in-depth examination of the music.

painkiller isn't that great really, quite a few awkward try-too-hard moments and a general lack of replay value. still fun though, my fave track's 'one shot at glory', it's quality

what's everyone's favourite '80s priest album? mine's defenders of the faith even if it does absolutely seethe with gayness, i love basically all of it except for the hideous heavy duty/dotf nonsense at the end. the sentinel and jawbreaker are unstoppably thunderous heavy metal anthems.

I have to say Defenders of the Faith, but British Steel was also pretty fucking good. The Rage is such a great fucking song.

best priest album of the 70's - sin after sin, i do like this album

best priest album of the 80's - defenders of the faith, the sentinel is in my top 5 priest songs

best priest album of the 90's - painkiller, love this album. nightcrawler in particular

best priest album of the 2000's - nostradamus, dont really like it but has some good moments

top 3 maiden albums of the 80's - iron maiden, number of the beast, seventh son of a seventh son
top 3 maiden albums after that - a matter of life and death, brave new world (underrated), fear of the dark

Well I say

1)Black Sabbath
2)Judas Priest
3)Iron Maiden

Yeah I recently realised that Black Sabbath are even better than I thought.

actually maybe I'd put priest first.

yeah I think I would

Priest
Sabbath
Maiden

Maiden may be the Bigger...

But PRIEST IT'S THE GREATEST!!!!!!

Maiden couldn't exsist without Priest (They were the special guest on their shows), and Priest have tried lots of Metal styles, instead of Maiden, that have never desapointed his fans... but are always THE SAME.

BOTH ROCK! but...
The most important thing bout Maiden is that they made Metal more accesible, they made it to the people all arround the world. Acctualy, that doesn't make them better that Priest at all.

Maiden is for everyone...
Priest, is for the CHOSEN ONES!

Belligerent, Eeric, mattsson, Personified Hatred, tagradh and tanya6 are all horrible people.

Maiden couldn't exsist without Priest (They were the special guest on their shows), and Priest have tried lots of Metal styles, instead of Maiden, that have never desapointed his fans... but are always THE SAME.

I guess I should just ignore your post based on your terrible spelling, pointless arguments, low post count and apparent "noobhood"... But what the heck.

The "this band couldn't exist without that band" argument is so tired. It means nothing, no one can say for certain that it's true and ultimately has no effect on quality whatsoever. Maybe Priest could never exist without Sabbath, maybe Sabbath could never exist without Elvis, and maybe Elvis could never exist without Mozart.

And as for the latter... No. Maiden are hardly less varied than Priest. First, we have their first two albums, punk influenced and clearly different from the rest of their material. The following three albums are the only ones that sound entirely alike to me. On Somewhere In Time and SSOASS, they started to use synths. The change is greater than you'd think if you haven't heard those two.
And then there's No Prayer For The Dying... Simple, down-to-earth. And Fear of the Dark... Certainly an oddity. For better or worse, almost every song on that album is unlike any they've made before.
And The X-Factor. Dark, depressing, and once again they got a vocalist radically different from the previous one. Virtual XI is different in that it's probably the only Maiden album which actually sucks. Their 21st century albums have been a return to their classic sound but with a darker edge, and a greater emphasis on epics.

I don't get this whole 'Every Maiden album sounds different than previous.' thing. They have slight elements changed, but the Maiden sound is very similar across nearly all their albums.

If we're having a which band has done the most varied work contest then Priest win without a doubt if you don't believe try actually listening to albums from the 70s, 80s 90s and 2000s. They are wildly different.