Priest or Maiden?

Which is better?

• Total voters
Okay, I believe I've listened to Sad Wings, Stained Class and Screaming for Vengeance so far, and the only one of these which really made me think "wow, fucking great band" was Screaming for Vengeance. It has such a goddamn epic sound, and as much catchiness as I could ever ask for. Stained Class has some great parts, but a lot of it just didn't rock my ass that much - and even less of Sad Wings did.

I still think Maiden's better overall, but I acknowledge that I'm not familiar enough with Priest yet.

Okay, I believe I've listened to Sad Wings, Stained Class and Screaming for Vengeance so far, and the only one of these which really made me think "wow, fucking great band" was Screaming for Vengeance. It has such a goddamn epic sound, and as much catchiness as I could ever ask for. Stained Class has some great parts, but a lot of it just didn't rock my ass that much - and even less of Sad Wings did.

I still think Maiden's better overall, but I acknowledge that I'm not familiar enough with Priest yet.

I thought Screaming and Defenders were pretty cool back when they came out. Oddly I have had no strong desire to acquire them these days. I always also liked Unleashed in the East back then as well, but I also always hated their radio songs like Breakin' The Law and Living After Midnight. So that was the extent of my mid 80's exposure. Somehow I ended up with Stained Class in the later 80's and I love that album! I also now have Sin After Sin, which I like quite a bit. But on the other hand I cannot stand the Death cover of Painkiller, and it's not that Death did a bad job. I hate the song. So I have no opinion on, but a bad impression of, all of their Halford albums beyond Defenders. I also have a bad impression of their era between the early stuiff and the mid-80's stuff.

In contrast, I loved everything Maiden did from the start through Piece of Mind, and really like the next few albums.

Oh, that reminds me - I have listened to Painkiller. It was definitely shit. I'm pretty skeptical of any late-'80s-and-beyond Priest albums as well.

I listen to Maiden maybe 10 times a year. I listen to Judas Priest maybe once or twice a fortnight.

I really really like Ram It Down to Demolition Priest.

ahhhhh you seriously have the worst taste possible, it's horrifying to behold :mad:. sad wings is the best album of the '70s by a CONSIDERABLE DISTANCE

what's everyone's favourite '80s priest album? mine's defenders of the faith even if it does absolutely seethe with gayness, i love basically all of it except for the hideous heavy duty/dotf nonsense at the end. the sentinel and jawbreaker are unstoppably thunderous heavy metal anthems.

Defenders is a great album for the most part. The live version of Jawbreaker you get on remastered sin after sin is nice too.