Priest or Maiden?

Which is better?

• Total voters
I'm 17 and uhhhh it's ok. It's not only the glammness of the record though, there's also that there aren't many good songs on it anyway...

Neither one of us are old enough to have followed the band through the 80's, we only know what we read & what people tell us about those times. I've never heard that album, but I know the song "Turbo Lover".

I've got all their studio albums. I think I can make a judgement on them and compare them to other stuff. Do I really need to have been there? I mean you don't rate an album on how they play it live anyway.

best to worst, as you wrote them. Ram it down is a fun build up to painkiller and the title track has gloriously cheesy lyrics. I absolutely love it.

Okay, so which album out of these do you all think is the best:

Ram It Down
Point of Entry
Turbo

Clearly Turbo is the weakest, but I honestly have a tough time choosing between the other two.

Point of Entry, I suppose, it not quite as "metal" as one might want a Priest album to be, and of course Ram it Down was probably their heaviest album until Painkiller. My complaint with RiD, however, is that it feels a little too... I don't know, "polished" for me. I like metal that has a more "organic" feel to it.

Priest have done more for metal as we know it today, than ANY other band, including Black Sabbath, if you ask me. Sabbath may have officially started it, but Priest refined it and brought in the jazz, folk, and classical influences that are so common in modern metal.
Maiden, similar to Sabbath, pretty much stuck to their original, blues-heavy, pentatonic sound, whereas Priest have changed dramatically from their early days. They've done it all.

And Ram it Down wins out of the three. The title track, Heavy Metal, Hard as Iron, Blood Red Skies? Come on, that's a good album!

Anyone who thinks Priest isn't as good as Maiden needs to listen to Bruces out of tone singing again.