priest/testament?

War of Words said:
Yeah, I doubt Priest will play any Halford solo material. It would be nice though.
On the flip side, I can't see Rob playing Demolition or Jugulator material, either. I would expect, at least for a while, that they stick with their old guns and play classic shit.

Doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see Halford's take on Burn in Hell.:headbang: Some of you insiders must have gotten to know Rob during the last Testament-Halford gigs -- would he want to take on Ripper material just to prove the OM can still school any takers?

Insania said:
On the flip side, I can't see Rob playing Demolition or Jugulator material, either. I would expect, at least for a while, that they stick with their old guns and play classic shit.

Doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see Halford's take on Burn in Hell.:headbang: Some of you insiders must have gotten to know Rob during the last Testament-Halford gigs -- would he want to take on Ripper material just to prove the OM can still school any takers?

Yes, I would like him to try Burn in Hell, or Hell is Home. I have talked to Rob a few times, and he says it is a possibility that they will play some Ripper material.

War of Words said:
I have talked to Rob a few times, and he says it is a possibility that they will play some Ripper material.

God I hope not. Ripper material just isnt that good. They should play Fight
songs or Halford solo material if they don't play Halford era Priest.

If they play any Ripper songs I hope Pyrus' jewfro will kick someone's ass.

Officer Friendly said:
God I hope not. Ripper material just isnt that good. They should play Fight
songs or Halford solo material if they don't play Halford era Priest.

If they play any Ripper songs I hope Pyrus' jewfro will kick someone's ass.

Basically they could play Fight material because two of the members are in Priest, Rob and Scott Travis. Still doubt they will play it though.

Pyrus said:
Are you kidding, man? If I hear "Bullet Train" or "Cathedral Spires" live, I'll probably devour six people with my Jewfro out of sheer joy. THOSE SONGS RULE.

But easy on the Demolition stuff.

Cathedral Spires is a great song. Bullet Train, meh. Demolition was horrible
shite garbage. That disc would have ended Priest if Robb didnt rejoin
the fold. However, as great as Cathedral Spires is, it doesnt match the
fucking awesomeness that is anything with Rob Halford. period. period.

Your jewfro gives me the creeps

Cathedral Spires is actually my favorite single Priest song...I'm a big Owens fan. Bullet Train is fucking awesome thrash metal...listen to that drummng. There's some other good stuff on Jugulator too, like Burn In Hell, Dead Meat and the title track.

Demolition is pretty lame, apart from the first three tracks and Close To You, which is a great power ballad.

Pyrus said:
Cathedral Spires is actually my favorite single Priest song...I'm a big Owens fan.

You young kids boggle my mind. How you can say Priest is the all time best
ever. ever....and then say a Ripper song is your single favorite song.
Mind blowing confusion oxymoron type syntax error.

Since you're such a Ripper Owens fan, I hope you own his work with Winters
Bane. It's pretty cool. More interesting than his work with Priest.

It's CATHEDRAL SPIRES, man. CATHEDRAL FUCKING SPIRES. It's like...thrash/doom epic death blows of the Apocalypse raining down hellish fear on the ears of the unwary mortals. Or something like that. Don't worry, numbers 2-5 on my list are Painkiller, Beyond the Realms of Death, Victim of Changes, and Night Crawler.

Yeah, I have the first Winters Bane album. Killer shit.

Pyrus said:
It's CATHEDRAL SPIRES, man. CATHEDRAL FUCKING SPIRES.

Dude, I get it. I am not lost on your enthusiasm. I didn't say I didn't like
the song. IMO, it's the only worthy song on that shitty disc (IMO) so we
share the same opinion, but I'm talkin' about ROB FUCKING HALFORD THE LIVING
METAL GOD, man. ROB FUKKING HALFORD.

It's like...thrash/doom epic death blows of the Apocalypse raining down hellish fear on the ears of the unwary mortals. Or something like that.

Sodom and Gomorrah, The St. Johns Book of Revelations, God is pissed and the
world is coming to an end, I feel it.

Don't worry, numbers 2-5 on my list are Painkiller, Beyond the Realms of Death, Victim of Changes, and Night Crawler.

Whew. I'm relieved that Halford is in the majority on the top 5. Exhale......

Yeah, I have the first Winters Bane album. Killer shit.

Killer shit, indeed.

Your power is great.