PRO TOOLS WITHOUT digidesign/m-audio interface?

Yea gimme button that auto opens a midi track and opens the piano roll for it at the same time so I can just start writing.....lol

Why not just make one like that and save project as template.

If you think it still takes too long to select that just make it the default template.

Yea gimme button that auto opens a midi track and opens the piano roll for it at the same time so I can just start writing.....lol

there's no such thing as MIDI tracks, audio and MIDI and mono and stereo can all be on the same track. and you could probably make a hotkey macro or something, like ... control + shift + something = add new track > create new blank MIDI item > open piano roll (believe they refer to it as the MIDI editor)

also, diamonds view for drums is clutch.

edit: also, again, pencil tool for MIDI composition. you just draw blank regions of MIDI wherever you like with whatever length and then double click smack it to pop up the piano-roll. note the different functionality of shift/ctrl/alt dragging regions or ends of regions. by default, a drag at the end of a pre-existing MIDI region will just loop whatevers already there. very handy sometimes.

Ya ... still too much trouble. besides I have been getting more and more requests for Pro Tools in the studio. Just the way the bands are here in Vegas i guess. All the metal bands here are Sneap or Sturgis heads and they always ask, You got Pro Tools ....

You and I know it makes no matter but they are fucking tards. had 2 bands cancel cause I told them no.

Ya ... still too much trouble. besides I have been getting more and more requests for Pro Tools in the studio. Just the way the bands are here in Vegas i guess. All the metal bands here are Sneap or Sturgis heads and they always ask, You got Pro Tools ....

You and I know it makes no matter but they are fucking tards. had 2 bands cancel cause I told them no.

sturgis uses cubendo... he sold his HD rig weeks after he bought it. because, IIRC, he was being held back with his MIDI composition o_0