prog power, anyone wanna meet up?

No-Mercy

Feanor
Nov 4, 2004
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
www.myspace.com
Cos I'm 13, and it'll be my first time....(im going next time tad morose goes) and wondering if anybody could give me some basics or show me around for maybe 45 minutes or so? I'll probably be going with a friend though, but we'll see.

"over the water, over the sea!
over the water, riding the beast"

dargormudshark said:
are you going to next Progpower? Well, I won't be the youngest next year because I will be 17 but I guess I could show you around.

well i dont know....im going the next time tad morose, kamelot, and brainstorm go which i think is 2006. that means ill be 15 come to think of it, haha long wait :Smug:
if you are though maybe we can, who knows....i like to plan ahead :D

No-Mercy said:
well i dont know....im going the next time tad morose, kamelot, and brainstorm go which i think is 2006. that means ill be 15 come to think of it, haha long wait :Smug:
if you are though maybe we can, who knows....i like to plan ahead :D
you should go to the next one ... Progpower is a Helluva good time! Regardless of who is playing:headbang:

The Coming Curse said:
Kamelot is trash.

Ok, I'm sorry. I'm usually just a lurker but when I see something like this I have to say something. Whereas I'm not the biggest Kamelot fan, I feel I have to speak up and say that your comment was completely out of line. No matter what your opinion of a band, there is absolutely no reason to call them trash. These musicians spend a lot of time and effort developing music that they feel can be appreciated by themselves as well as others. And for you to call them trash without any explaination what so ever as to your reasoning behind it, well, I find to be completely appalling. So, if you can't find a way to express your criticism in a constructive manner, maybe you should just keep you opinions to yourself.

Kim

No-Mercy said:
Cos I'm 13, and it'll be my first time....(im going next time tad morose goes) and wondering if anybody could give me some basics or show me around for maybe 45 minutes or so? I'll probably be going with a friend though, but we'll see.

"over the water, over the sea!
over the water, riding the beast"

Tad Morose will not be at PPVI because there is a rule about no back to back performances. If Tad Morose comes back @ PPVII then we can hook up. That includes the other replier to this poster, Dargor. He is my buddy and we will hopefully hook up every year at Progpower as well, but the more the merrier. I won't look down on you for being young if you don't look down on me for being old. I turn 80 next year !! >:p~

Bryant

Ok, I'm sorry. I'm usually just a lurker but when I see something like this I have to say something. Whereas I'm not the biggest Kamelot fan, I feel I have to speak up and say that your comment was completely out of line. No matter what your opinion of a band, there is absolutely no reason to call them trash. These musicians spend a lot of time and effort developing music that they feel can be appreciated by themselves as well as others. And for you to call them trash without any explaination what so ever as to your reasoning behind it, well, I find to be completely appalling. So, if you can't find a way to express your criticism in a constructive manner, maybe you should just keep you opinions to yourself.

I have a right as does anyone else to express my opinions, and my opinion is that the 'music' Kamelot puts out is utter garbage. Nobody is forcing you to believe nor to even recognize my opinion, but I am going to express it. As for an 'explanation', they are musically boring with a vocalist who falls flat in the same range over and over again. If you're into complete repetitiveness, then maybe they're ok; however, I prefer atleast some diversity. So not only are they trash, but they are the same rancid trash that is thrown out day after day.

Is that better for you?

The Coming Curse said:
I have a right as does anyone else to express my opinions, and my opinion is that the 'music' Kamelot puts out is utter garbage. Nobody is forcing you to believe nor to even recognize my opinion, but I am going to express it. As for an 'explanation', they are musically boring with a vocalist who falls flat in the same range over and over again. If you're into complete repetitiveness, then maybe they're ok; however, I prefer atleast some diversity. So not only are they trash, but they are the same rancid trash that is thrown out day after day.

Is that better for you?

you have a right to express your Opinion ..... But you really dont have the right to be a disrespectful fucking asshole

The Coming Curse said:

Is that better for you?

Your right! You should be allowed to express your opinion, as should everyone else who posts here. I’m not trying to make this a personal attack on you but what I’m saying to you is that your statement was both unnecessary and uncalled for in the ongoing conversation. I, for one, am happy to see younger people taking an interest in this kind of music. I feel it’s important for us as supporters of this industry, to encourage the younger generation to listen to this type of music, as well as all types of music. Instead of making belittling statements about their opinions, maybe we should focus our energies onto introducing them to other bands/musicians that they might be able to appreciate. I also think that it is important when expressing my opinion to state why I like or dislike a band. That way others will know that I’ve made an informed opinion and not one based on meanness and ignorance.

Kim

JonnyD said:
Nothing I hope .... I dont need your respect ... but it would be nice if you showed a little atleast to yourself :wave:
Agreed!
As you can see this is a friendly forum...people are allowed to obviously express their opinions, but to try to be sensible about the way you go about doing that would help you avoid confrontations and discrepancies such as the one that is going on now. ;)

The Coming Curse said:

Is that better for you?

Kamelot had my all-time favorite keyboardist playing for them as a guest musician at PPII and PPIV. I still didn't watch them because frankly they aren't my thing. No one on this planet should tell you that you have to like Kamelot, nor should they require you not to bash them.
Unfortunately, though I don't like Kamelot at all, I would never sink to the level of bashing them because there may be fans of Kamelot that also like many bands I do, and I might lose out on someone I can converse with about some of those other bands.
I am not saying I have never been in a bad mood and trashed a band before because I have. I'm human, but I can tell you that it takes a bigger man to constructively state reasons why you don't like a particular band as opposed to simply degrading what they do. We all have different tastes. It is human nature. Some people like football, some baseball, some don't like sports. Is anyone better because they have their own particular tastes in things ?
Back to being a "bigger man." When I was a teen and big into thrash metal, I NEVER disrespected fans of bands like Sabbath or even Blue Oyster Cult. If you have pent up aggression take it out on someone who doesn't like metal...... or you can take it out on me if you like. Do you want to know what makes me so smart or special ? Absolutely nothing....... What makes me win any argument against people that don't respect others is the fact that I do.
Kamelot is a very long way from being my fave band, but I know some Kamelot fans that like many bands I do. I might have missed out on some good net friends that are Kamelot fans had I the same complete lack of tact you have shown to have. THink about things you say and you might make some good online friends as well as friends that might be in your area that could end up being personal friends.

Bryant