Project: Andrew WK at PPUSA

Not only is he a huge metalhead (he hand picked Donald Tardy from Obituary to be his drummer when he released I Get Wet), he owns Santos Party House here in NYC which is one of the coolest clubs to see shows here and makes it a point to have their talent buyer book as many metal shows there as they can.

But even if he had no scene cred at all, what could possibly be wrong with asking a "famous person" to attend a festival for fun?

And he'd still contribute more to the fest and atmosphere than you.

It's all about enjoying the music for me not socializing so I don't get what your trying to accomplish.

Why not just go to one of Andrew WK's shows instead of trying to insert his presence into a PP? Leave it to the professionals to book acts or organize your own festival. Fuck, your ego is truly beyond the pale :)

It's all about enjoying the music for me not socializing so I don't get what your trying to accomplish.

Why not just go to one of Andrew WK's shows instead of trying to insert his presence into a PP? Leave it to the professionals to book acts or organize your own festival.

You honestly don't get it do you?

Shawn Drover from Megadeth was here this year just HANGING OUT. Inviting people to come and party is not a detriment at ALL.. Especially since he (AWK) is a massive music fan and brings followers as well.. Admittedly we don't need help selling out the fest, but even a casual fan could say "Oh hey AWK thinks this is fun, let me give it a shot"

FFS I organized a Mimosa Brunch before the sponsor meetings just because it's another opportunity for people to meet and socialize.

So get the stick out of your ass and be more like Kevin Bacon in Footloose.

It would be super fun, but I'd rather be inviting the guy as a guest rather than a performer, you know? Now, if he somehow ended up on stage I wouldn't complain, but that's not the goal in the end.

Why not just go to one of Andrew WK's shows instead of trying to insert his presence into a PP? Leave it to the professionals to book acts or organize your own festival. Fuck, your ego is truly beyond the pale :)

So is this going to be the post that comes before the insufferably lonely-yet obnoxiously-self-important posts from some motel en route to a show that nobody gives a shit about, or are you going to post 30 youtube clips of what you're currently listening to today first? Or maybe a signature change is in order to reflect some zany inside joke that you came up with so you can try to fish for even more internet attention?

So is this going to be the post that comes before the insufferably lonely-yet obnoxiously-self-important posts from some motel en route to a show that nobody gives a shit about, or are you going to post 30 youtube clips of what you're currently listening to today first? Or maybe a signature change is in order to reflect some zany inside joke that you came up with so you can try to fish for even more internet attention?

Sssssnap!

I don't know what's worse, the hypocrisy in him telling someone to keep their ego in check, or telling him to "let the professionals book acts" which has nothing to do with what Nailz is talking about nor would stop this troll from otherwise criticizing the professionals who book acts to begin with.

I think I like this guy.

I don't know what's worse, the hypocrisy in him telling someone to keep their ego in check, or telling him to "let the professionals book acts" which has nothing to do with what Nailz is talking about nor would stop this troll from otherwise criticizing the professionals who book acts to begin with.

You still haven't got over whatever I said to you in the past. It must have hit home though. Feel better soon :saint:

Oh and try and attend the festival at least once. You've mouthed off on this form long enough.

It's not like we always agree and I know we've had some hilarious words, but I don't think I've ever been happier that you're you.

It makes me so happy to see people so interested in the idea! That said, I just want to say, like Su said, this plan is already off the ground. I'm already working with a few people on getting this to become a reality, and that's fucking awesome. I'm at this point moving forward on the subject, completely ignoring TDD, and would love it if you'd all do the same. His negativity is tiring and counterproductive to everything, and fuck that nonsense.

#ProjectWK

This thread needs to be brought into the partymosphere it was meant to achieve!

Last edited by a moderator: