Proof that Opeth is continuing to develop gayer and gayer fans by the day:

MadeInNewJersey said:
well that's what you get for going to the Opeth forum and reading threads started by people who joined UM.com in January 2006.

Pretty much. Of course the fact that the thread title gave no indication of the poster's UM join date and only referenced the show I was at last night might have had something to do with clicking on it.

110.jpg

110.jpg

110.jpg

110.jpg

110.jpg

110.jpg

110.jpg

110.jpg

110.jpg

110.jpg

110.jpg

110.jpg

110.jpg

Dark One said:
The Wonders at Your Feet
Lost to Apathy
The Treason Wall
Punish My Heaven
Damage Done
The New Build
Monochromatic Stains
My Negation
Final Resistance

nice, I would've been thrilled with that setlist

did Opeth play anything different than their tour of 2 months ago?

hey I was at this show as well.

It ruled so much. I walked out before Dark Tranquillity even played, went next door and ate some of the TASTIEST HOT WINGS OF ALL TIME, then came back right for their last song..

Hot Wings >>>>>>>>>>>>>> DT

Chromatose said:
hey I was at this show as well.

It ruled so much. I walked out before Dark Tranquillity even played, went next door and ate some of the TASTIEST HOT WINGS OF ALL TIME, then came back right for their last song..

Hot Wings >>>>>>>>>>>>>> DT

Damn, that sucks! We coulda shared a brew or something if I had known. :erk:

Nice little hall for a show though huh?

Dark One said:
Yep, they played Under the Weeping Moon (fantastic!), The Amen Corner (equally great), Closure (best track from Damnation, mesmerizing ending) & White Cluster (also great).

nice (except for the Damnation song, which I just don't know all that well)

Also, going to eat wings does indeed rule, but not in place of DT

fail

MadeInNewJersey said:
nice (except for the Damnation song, which I just don't know all that well)

Trust me, Closure works fantastic in a live setting. I'd say overall, about a third of the album is boring and the rest is pretty damn cool, just not in teh heavy way. And the ending of Closure can envelop you the way the ending of Deliverance can - particularly when it's not played every show.

MadeInNewJersey said:
Also, going to eat wings does indeed rule, but not in place of DT

fail

Q4T

Dark One said:
Damn, that sucks! We coulda shared a brew or something if I had known. :erk:

Nice little hall for a show though huh?

Yeah! oh well.

I'd been to Recher once before years ago to see Type O Negative, the place was smaller than I remembered, but I totally enjoyed the place! the neighborhood was nice, I hung out in the AMC theater lobby across the street for a while to avoid waiting in the line in the sub-freezing temps, and the ability to leave and go to the bar next door for food during the show was quite enjoyable.

Definitely a place I wouldn't mind going back to for future shows.

Erik said:
ugh... they're getting so TERRIBLY HORRIBLY PREDICTABLE... seriously that setlist is so BORING

ALWAYS punish my heaven... ALWAYS the wonders at your feet, the treason wall, mono stains... at least when i saw them with kreator they did "scythe rage and roses"

Agreed with the stagnation factor, but at least the stagnation is good. I definitely would like to hear a few more songs from the Gallery, The Mind's I, & Projector from time to time though.

They're playing a few select headlining shows on this tour as well, should be interesting to see what the setlists are.

Erik said:
ugh... they're getting so TERRIBLY HORRIBLY PREDICTABLE... seriously that setlist is so BORING

ALWAYS punish my heaven... ALWAYS the wonders at your feet, the treason wall, mono stains... at least when i saw them with kreator they did "scythe rage and roses"

probably because they just don't get to play here all that often; their last 3 tours (incl. this one) have been very different audiences, so they're playing their more well-known stuff so they can afford to keep coming back, you know?