Proof that Opeth is continuing to develop gayer and gayer fans by the day:

Chromatose said:
Yeah! oh well.

I'd been to Recher once before years ago to see Type O Negative, the place was smaller than I remembered, but I totally enjoyed the place! the neighborhood was nice, I hung out in the AMC theater lobby across the street for a while to avoid waiting in the line in the sub-freezing temps, and the ability to leave and go to the bar next door for food during the show was quite enjoyable.

Definitely a place I wouldn't mind going back to for future shows.

Overkill is playing there like tomorrow or something. Looks like that place is starting to book more and more metal shows, always a good thing.

The sub-freezing temps did indeed suck, I was just glad they had a coat check at the door (for some reason I didn't think they would, but standing outside without a coat on was NOT an option.

MadeInNewJersey said:
probably because they just don't get to play here all that often; their last 3 tours (incl. this one) have been very different audiences, so they're playing their more well-known stuff so they can afford to keep coming back, you know?

I would agree with this, because again, the stagnation is at least good. For the more educated fans like you and I though, it can indeed get tedious - but at least not quite yet for me. :)

So an Opeth forum newbie thought Dark Tranquillity sucked...who can blame him, with that crap setlist? Just kidding (though it could use some more Gallery and Mind's I), I would love to hear My Negation in particular live. Let the guy be a perpetual dumbfuck and be done with it.
And there is nothing more entertaining than a good old fashioned Bruce rant.

I love how he disenfranchisement with the "metal" style of music, then went on to criticize them for something oh-so important as LACK OF FUCKING HEADBANGING!