*__Mikael Akerfeldt and Opeth: -PLEASE READ-. Don't do this to your fans...__*

What's wrong with all these fuckers?

THE POINT IS TRYING TO GET DEVILDRIVER OFF THE BILL TO HAVE AT LEAST A DECENT METAL BAND INSTEAD!

(USERNAME. PASSWORD. CHAVETA.)

Don't mind them, they like to get anal about everything, it's the way of the new generation of the Opeth forum. I hope for your sake, something is done. I'm sure DevilDriver would have been a last resort option anyway? I mean maybe they just needed ANY band to fill in the spot or whatever.

Maharet said:
Hey Mikael, if you are reading this, dont mind them....they dont realize that you have no control over who gets billed with you..:)
Ahhh, that's not entirely true.........

And this whole issue goes a little bit both ways, but it is entirely to hard/innapropriate to remove a band once they've already been confirmed. Had you put forward suggestions BEFORE they were lined up on the other hand...........

How many other bands do you think would back/agree/endorse Opeth in future support spots once they've kicked a 'confirmed' from the roster band to 'please the fans' eh? :err:

How fucking stupid is this thread??. Opeth most prolly don´t pick their opening bands, and even if they do, it´s their call. If you don´t like then don´t show up untill the main act.

I can see this one from both sides.

What's mainly annoying from the "fan" side is the elitism involved. You're basically saying that because this guy was in Coal Chamber, he's therefore not allowed to like or play any other style of music? Should he be kept in a plastic bubble for all time, never being allowed to progress or move on? If I had a popular band in 1981 that sounded like Saxon (a favorite band at that time) would that mean I had no right to form a new band now that was along the lines of Opeth?

Most of you seem to forget that the people in bands are music fans too. The only difference between them and us is that they secured recording contracts that allowed whatever they had on their minds at the time to be heard. People, styles and tastes change. Give 'em a chance. You never know, you might even like 'em.

On the other side, this does appear to be the work of a booking agent covering all angles. Devildriver are getting a lot of more mainstream press and are no doubt being supported for the tour by their label. The agent and venues will be happy as the "Coal Chamber" connection might sell a few more tickets, and that's what this tour is about at the end of the day.

But, what with Devildriver being a brand new band, they should be first on the bill and not rotating with Moonspell who, despite being appallingly bad, have built a decent fanbase over a number of years and albums.

It's not the fault of Devildriver themselves. They no doubt have a cliched "hard-assed" US style manager barking demands to the agents and label every five minutes, demanding that the band get a better deal, etc, etc. And good luck to them I guess. While there are countless more deserving bands out there who would have killed for this support, Devildriver have all the right connections, they're getting the right media attention and, like it or not, they have the tour. Live with it.

I agree with this being unfair to Moonspell, I'm no fan of them but they have been around longer than Opeth and their latest album is getting their most favorable reviews in years. I think this incident just proves that even within the metal scene, all promoters really care about is the bottom line. And don't be too quick to judge by the Coal Chamber affiliation...after all, there's nowhere to go but up after that. :)

actually the promoters were pushing for kataklysm. im pretty sure it was mostly the band's decision (especially considering the attitude of kataklysm about the whole thing), but whether it was or not why the fuck are they making moonspell SHARE the middle slot. if kataklysm were chosen they had said that kataklysm would be the opening band throughout the whole tour. i wouldnt mind it so much if devildriver were opening through the whole tour, but there's no way im going if i find out moonspell is opening for them in atlanta

Devildriver is terrible and Moonspell is terrible too.

I'll be going for Opeth (if my car holds up, anyway)

I assume he meant that its saying more about their credibility, having released 7 mediocre albums, rather than one horrid one. I don't think he was in any way reffering to listening to either band.

This is pretty funny and I just wanna remind everyone that I'm against DD supporting but oh well...damn lacuna coil was so lame, look at it that way. At least you won't have some shit band suviving off female vocals and guys wearing dresses and homo-erotic leather straps. But if DD turn out that way, I will throw my fuckin water bottle at em. Wow. I feel better after putting things in perspective.

It could be Roadrunner records that got them on the tour. During the summer I heard that RR want to go back to their "roots" and are going to start signing more metal bands and stuff. They might be thinking Devildriver is one of those bands. They also recently signed Cradle Of Filth. They might see Opeth as a respected band in metal and maybe having Devildriver on the tour will get more "true" metal heads into them and take another look at RR.