*__Mikael Akerfeldt and Opeth: -PLEASE READ-. Don't do this to your fans...__*

It's up to the tour managers and promoters, not Mike. If anything you should drop some emails off to them, or send em the results of that poll or whatever so they can see that DevilDriver aren't a popular choice for the tour.

But hey I spose it can't hurt to ask the band. I'm thinking Mikael will probably read this, and hopefully he can do something about it if he wishes.

God I would hate to be in a band with fans who think it's acceptable to make these kinds of demands. Especially when it's not Opeth's fucking choice. God. It's even worse because Opeth pay such attention to the Forums.

This really shits me.

Also, get the problem in perspective. Don't like the band? Tune out during their set. Go grab a drink. Don't fucking badger Opeth to do something about it.

Jesus.

I agree completely...for one it doesn't matter who the FUCK opens for opeth since all your coming to see is opeth not the damn opening band...also, it doesn't matter if they suck cuz you can easily tune out or do any of the other things that were listed in the above post...demanding that opeth remove this band when it is not within their power to do so is absolutely idiotic...even if opeth COULD get rid of them it would still be very rude to demand them to... just deal with it and after an hour and a half or so of devildriver your gonna get to see the best band ever perform so you shouldn't care too much!

I'm only pissed cause Devildriver is probably going to get more time than Moonspell, that is bullshit! Moonspell is BY FAR the better band and more established.

Well it's performance-related, isn't it?

But I do agree that it's of no use trying to persuade the band to remove devildriver from the bill. Removing a band under the pressure of the fans of another band is just ridiculous.

I really dont know why everyone is whining so fucking much, I mean, I'd rather see Devil Driver than Paradise Lost any day of the fucking week (and I dont even like devil driver)

Where were all you people when paradise lost was touring with Opeth? I mean, they seriously are one of the shittiest bands Ive ever had the displeasure of seeing live.

leafblower said:
I really dont know why everyone is whining so fucking much, I mean, I'd rather see Devil Driver than Paradise Lost any day of the fucking week (and I dont even like devil driver)

Where were all you people when paradise lost was touring with Opeth? I mean, they seriously are one of the shittiest bands Ive ever had the displeasure of seeing live.
That was the lamest post ever. It must be really sad to be you, cos your taste in music sucks ass.

I'd kill to see PL live.