Psychedelic Music.

Apr 23, 2006
Hi ,

After listening Porcupine Trees early stuff like months ago. I have started liking Pychedelic music a lot. And can you recommend some really nice bands? I want to learn the improvement of that music. Only thing that I could learn that there was a drug called Pychedelic that made people see hallucinations. So that music called like that.. :Smug:

Thanks.

An Absent Friend said:
Hi ,

After listening Porcupine Trees early stuff like months ago. I have started liking Pychedelic music a lot. And can you recommend some really nice bands? I want to learn the improvement of that music. Only thing that I could learn that there was a drug called Pychedelic that made people see hallucinations. So that music called like that.. :Smug:

Thanks.

Plastic Cloud
CA Quintet
Gandalf
Blonde On Blonde
Donovan
Decameron
Touch
Aerevons
Fairfield Parlour
Zakkarias
Arcadium
Circulus
Twink
Audience
Black Widow
Hansson&Karlsson
Bobak, Jons, Malone
Tomorrow
Day Of Phoenix
Elyse
Candida Pax
The Hollies
Dr. Strangely Strange
Soft Machine
Pussy
Locomotive

that should get you started a bit.

Well is this list best to worse? :erk: Which 5 one should buy first , in another way. I cannot buy all of them tomorrow :d

And thanks a lot.

An Absent Friend said:
Well is this list best to worse? :erk: Which 5 one should buy first , in another way. I cannot buy all of them tomorrow :d

And thanks a lot.

its not really best to worst, as i dont recommend bad albums like some people here tend to get off on doing. but its an "off the top of my head" list. heres my favorites of that list though if that helps...

Gandalf
Pussy
Donovan
Locomotive
Fairfield Parlour

Really thanks a lot. I will be buying these 5 today.

And SPLASTİK thanks a lot I am seaching right now.

Cheers

Good list by NFU. BTW, I think you were referring to LSD as a hallucinogenic drug. NFU got the music covered, but I can help you with hallucinogens; window pane, orange sunshine, good blotter. Take 1 or 2 of these and then put on Porcupine Tree. Keep telling yourself(when you peak) that you are just high. This will cleanse your mind.

Thanks again , I am checking them out ( All of them ) :kickass:

And guys , pychedelic lovers..I have just bought Pink Floyd Pompeii DVD , it's just great! Highly recommended!

NineFeetUnderground said:
Plastic Cloud
CA Quintet
Gandalf
Blonde On Blonde
Donovan
Decameron
Touch
Aerevons
Fairfield Parlour
Zakkarias
Arcadium
Circulus
Twink
Audience
Black Widow
Hansson&Karlsson
Bobak, Jons, Malone
Tomorrow
Day Of Phoenix
Elyse
Candida Pax
The Hollies
Dr. Strangely Strange
Soft Machine
Pussy
Locomotive

that should get you started a bit.

too much time on your hands?

check out Ozric Tentacles, definitely...

they're a lot more "spacey" than porcupine tree's earier material, but definitely have a similar sound.

any of their albums from 1998-current are excellent. I've got "spirals in hyperspace" , released in 2004, and i love it.

An Absent Friend said:
pychedelic lovers..I have just bought Pink Floyd Pompeii DVD , it's just great! Highly recommended!

"Apple pie, no crust". Watch how baked Gilmour is in this scene when he keeps asking for apple pie. Vid is a must-see, if only for the part with Waters noodling with the sequencer showing how he made "On The Run". That song was decades ahead of its time.