Purchasing a wah

lost_within

Apr 24, 2006
UK
I'm thinking of buying a wah pedal. The one's I have in mind are the Morley bad horsie, bad horsie 2 or the tremonti. I've only tried the tremonti and it was pretty good. Any suggestions or experiences with any of these guys?

Cheers

Although it's not very high on my list, the Dunlop Crybaby 95Q has been the one I've wanted for years now, cuz it has the instant on/off functionality like the Morley wahs, but with the Crybaby tone and (apparently) without the annoying delay of the Morleys. I'd recommend checking it out! (though I've never been a big wah fan, I kinda feel it's a cop-out, but I admit there are times when a good wah solo is just the ticket)

My experiences with Morley has been just OK. I usually find that they're really noisy pedals and sound really sterile. It also depends on what kind of "wah" sound you're looking for because there are variations that are usually love/hate kind of tones. I personally like my Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon. It has a lot of options to shape your sound and can be adjusted in many different ways. For instance I can choose to cut it on/off by pressing on the wah itself or by hitting a switch (think whammy pedal) and then using it. Then I can adjust how long I want it to stay on after I release. I don't use it THAT much but for the price and a pretty nice wah sound I would recommend it. Try them out and see what works best for you if you can! Good Luck!

DUDE.

POWER WAH BOOST!!!!

PICT4282.jpg

It kicks so much ass.
I had a sample clip of it a long time ago, but I think it got deleted. :(

I own a Crybaby 95Q and one of the standard vox wahs. The crybaby sounds a bit more obnoxious but I actually prefer it. The vox does that arch enemy solo sound to a T.

if your not going to use the effect all the time, Im gonna be the odd man out and say get a rocktron banshee talkbox, not exactly a wah, but a very simular kind of effect. Im with marcus on the cop out factor of using wah on every solo, and the talkbox is so much drunken fun too. with the the rocktron as opposed to the dunlop you dont actually need an entirely different guitar rig and a complicated routing scheme.

I need the wah for my music exam, playing all Hendrix songs.. but I've never really had experience with wah's, never had the itch to get one just for the sake of it. My old guitarist had the zakk wylde one and it was pretty cool, although I would want that easy step on/play option.

Dunlop 535 for me. No Q needed, there is a tone knob for low/mid/high emphasis. Another nice thing about this one is the LEDs on the top so you know if it's off/on or if the boost is engaged.