Question about 7 strings

76Strat said:
everyone here is ibanez fans i love my ibanez but the necks just cant compete w/ 80s jap strats i promise play one w/ a humbucker in it and youll never play anything else again

dude, ibanez makes some of, if not the best necks in the world...

jackson there yah go i love a good jackson fender and a few ibanez customs i almost bought on ethe other day but i got my half stack instead

war blade go pick up an 80s japanese strat play it and tell me it doesnt have the fastest neck youve ever played if youc an then knock them until you do dont say a word i promise youll like it

76Strat said:
war blade go pick up an 80s japanese strat play it and tell me it doesnt have the fastest neck youve ever played if youc an then knock them until you do dont say a word i promise youll like it

give us a link that shows us the width of the necks...

besides even if it were thinner and faster (which it isnt) i wouldn't play it. Single coils are for wimps... :p

So I guess I really dont have that one. I thought my 7 was that. (Im an idiot though, so it all balances itself out.) I actually don't know what model mine, is, nor is it at my house for me to see what it is. As soon as I do figure it out, I'll get back to you though.

MrFast said:
Ok, I'm probably going with an Ibanez. At this point, I don't care if it has an Edge or not. As long as it's not Uber expensive.

I am not brand loyal and own a few different brands of guitars, but Ibanez is tough to beat as far as "bang for the buck." If you are set on buying a new guitar and limited on cash.... Ibanez probably the way to go.

Bryant

Kenneth R. said:
I despise the fact that Fender bought Jackson and reduced the quality to Fender standards.

Gibson has really went downhill as well. I saw a "licensed by Gibson" brand at Circuit City of all places. It looked cool (an SG style which I like) but I wasn't going to touch it.

Bryant

lol ive never liked gibsons you cant play anything fast those necks are huge and they weigh a ton fender and ibanez all the way its all i own