Question about 7 strings

the strat has a humbucker..... its prbb has better pickups than your RG. has a dimarzio super distortion in the bridge and 2 single coils. ill get a pic soon and ill find somewhere with the width of the neck or ill just measure it

76Strat said:
the strat has a humbucker..... its prbb has better pickups than your RG. has a dimarzio super distortion in the bridge and 2 single coils. ill get a pic soon and ill find somewhere with the width of the neck or ill just measure it
The Strat also has 21 frets. No thanks.

76Strat said:
lol ive never liked gibsons you cant play anything fast those necks are huge and they weigh a ton fender and ibanez all the way its all i own
So many people would crucify me for saying this, but I agree with you. They're nice, but I can't tear it up like I can on a Jackson, ESP or Ibanez. I know thats not what they're made for, but so many guitarrists take Gibs and shredd the fuck out of 'em. And when I'm sitting in Guitar Center and playing a Gib through a Marshall, it feels so unwelcoming.

i dont like my evos they are in my 7 string im about to swap em for a 7 string seymour duncan invader... they have shit for tone

Strats have either 21 or 22 frets. theres only been a few models ever made that had 24. (I believe it was the fender Showmasters, Performers and HM strat. Cant remember if the Prodigy had 24 or not..) And if it is what you said it was (a 70's era strat) it doesnt have 24...

its a 70s strat body and an 80s neck and i also have a straight up 76 stratocaster with 22 frets ill take a pic of the 24 fret its not a showmaster or performer

76Strat said:
i dont like my evos they are in my 7 string im about to swap em for a 7 string seymour duncan invader... they have shit for tone

Does Duncan make a 7 string Livewire pickup?

76Strat said:
its a 70s strat body and an 80s neck and i also have a straight up 76 stratocaster with 22 frets ill take a pic of the 24 fret its not a showmaster or performer

then it would have to be either a neck off of one of those models or a custom made neck...

its not custom made unless it came custom ill take a pic the tech i use says its rare

Oh I just read the thing on the tremol-no and now I definitely want a 7 with a double locking trem :D It seems to easy and awesome.

If there are any good ones for a decent price be sure to mention them.

Ok, another decision that I need help with.

I now have enough money to get a good 7 string guitar, and I'm torn between ordering a brand-new Carvin Custom DC727 or a used UV777 off of ebay. Both are around 1400-1500$, and I still have till the end of august to make a choice. Even those Ernie Ball Musicman Petrucci 7-strings are awesome, around the same price (Used).

Any feedback would be appreciated :D